²

When I looked up, I saw a boy with brown fluffy hair. He had a large smile on his face. I just kind of stared up at him for a while. He then yelled down at me again.
"Are you just going to sit there for the others to get you or are you coming up" I just noticed but he had a British accent. I started climbing up the ladder to the roof where this British boy was. I get up there and pull myself over the wall of the roof. I stand up straight and look over at the boy standing in front of me.
"Hi. I'm Toby" he stuck his hand out to me. I hesitated but took his hand and shook it.
"Thanks" I say with a small smile.
"It's no problem, the least I could do... are you alone?" I nod. He kind of perked up.
"Well would you like to meet my friends?" I didn't know if I should, I mean I just met this guy. He seemed trustworthy enough though.
"I guess if it wouldn't be too much trouble" this seemed to make him really happy. He walked over to the door on the roof that led into the building. I walked a couple steps behind him just to be cautious.

He opens the door and starts walking down the stairs and I follow. We get to the bottom of the stairs which leads to another door. He looks back at me then opens the door. As he does, I look in to see where we are, in a clothing store. I slowly follow in behind the boy as he yells for his friends. As he does, I see a tall blonde boy jump out of nowhere and hug him. They laughed then the blonde boy noticed me and got into a defensive position.
"Wo their Tommy she's friendly" This caused him to back down a bit.
"What's your name?" Him and the boy both looked at me which is not surprising since I didn't give Toby my name on the roof.

"Y/N" He nods.
"Well, I'm Tommy" That's when a large crowd of people came into the room talking. I just stood there frozen. I wasn't really sure of what to do. That's when everyone turned to look right at me. My whole body stiffened, and I wasn't really sure of what to do. Toby walked over to me gently sat his hand on my shoulder and spoke up.
"Everyone this is Y/N I saved them from getting bit" he said the last part really excitedly. They kind of stood there staring at me.

They kept on until who looked like their leader stepped forward to me. He was an older man mid 30's.
"Are you alone?" I nod. He gives me a gentle smile.
"Would you like to join our group?" I smile.
"That would be lovely" he nods then looks back at everyone else.
"Be nice." He says in a stern voice. Then he walks into the back of the store where they came out from. I look over at Toby and he gives me a reassuring nod. I smile then start looking around the shop. Toby then put his hand on my shoulder gently.
"Where leaving in like 10 minutes if you need anything get it now" I nod then walk off into the woman's section.

I started to grab things like t-shirts, jeans, and I grabbed one hoodie. Stuffed as much as I could into my backpack, but I did leave out a t-shirt and one pair of jeans. I looked around to make sure there wasn't anyone around me then I changed into the clothes I left out. I took the clothes I was wearing and threw them to the side. I then heard Toby yell my name.
"Y/N!"
"Yeah?"
"Where leaving come on" I don't say anything back i just grab my backpack and throw it over my shoulder still holding onto my shotgun. Then I walk back over to the group. Everyone was at the doors of the building ready to go. Once I was there the man that talked to me nodded and everyone pushed out the doors.

I followed after everyone, and we started in the opposite direction I came from. I was nervous. I didn't know these people, what if they were psychos. I don't really have many options though, so I just follow. I made sure I was a couple steps behind everyone. There were a few walkers that appeared on the journey to wherever they were taking me. They took care of them easily though. We got to a point where we were not in town anymore. We were on this dirt road that was surrounded by forest. Then we turned into a path into the forest. That's when I started almost clinging to Toby's side. I didn't really notice it though at least for a while as we walked. I looked up past the trees into the sky and saw it starting to turn orange. I was getting just a bit nervous, but I kept my composure.

After what felt like forever walking, we came into a clearing. It had a camper and some tents that surrounded a fire pit. There were 2 people surrounding the fire pit. One had longish dark brown hair and wore a beanie. The other had light brown hair and glasses. I stood next to Toby awkwardly as the guy that talked to me yelled at everyone to gather up for a meeting. Everyone gathered in a circle.
"Ok everyone, some of you who noticed may be wondering who this is?" he came up and stood beside me.
"Would you like to introduce yourself?" I nod and look up at everyone.
"Hi, I'm Y/N" he put his arm around me and patted my shoulder.
"She is going to be staying with us from now on if anyone has a problem with this, speak with me later also, she will be staying in the camper with you three" he pointed at some of the men in the group that were standing together. Everyone nodded at him. He patted my shoulder before walking away to one of the tents. Once he got into his tent everyone scattered except Toby and Tommy.

Toby tapped on my shoulder. I turned to look over at him.
"Do you have any questions?"
"Yeah, uh what's everyone's name?"
"Oh well the one that just told everyone you were staying is Phil. The 3 you are sharing the camper with their names are Ted, Schlatt, and Charlie" I nod.
"Everyone's really nice though the rest should introduce themselves to you anyway" I smile and thank him. He then grabs Tommy and runs off with him. I just stood there awkwardly until I heard someone say my name.
"Y/N, right?" I look over to see a rather tall individual. He had almost round glasses and fluffy dark brown hair.
"Yeah"
"Well, I'm Ted just thought I'd introduce myself since we'll be sharing a sleeping area" I nod.
"Uh well do you want me to show you where you'll be sleeping"
"Yes please" I say with a chuckle afterward. He gave me a small smile and then turned and walked toward the camper and I followed.

He opened the camper door and went inside, and I followed in after. There were bunk beds in the back of the camper and a couch on either side. He looked at me and pointed at the right side of the camper and its couch.
"That's the only available space" I nod and thank him. He nods and leaves, leaving me alone in the camper. I take off my backpack and set it down on the couch. Then I set my gun behind my backpack. I then sit down beside my stuff. I let out a deep breath and throw my head back onto the back of the couch. I then hear the door of the camper open, and someone step inside. I look up to see a guy with chops and wore a yankees hat.

"Oh, hi new girl."

1324 words