10. The Ceremony

A/n : had originally wrote this as part of chapter nine but decided to make it a chap on its own becoz it was too long.

Author POV

Nobles and officials had gathered for the engagement ceremony of the crown prince and supposedly an omega of a second rank official.

People were curious who this omega was because in the high class official families known in the capital, none had  come forward to proudly claim their omega being chosen by the prince. Being associated with the royal family was a dream for many as they wanted the status and success that came with the relation.

So now people are eating and enjoying themselves talking about the chosen omega eager to see him. King Namjoon is also sitting in the banquet hall chatting with Minister Yoongi and official Bang not minding the stares and talks of the people.

"I heard that the omega is the son of a second rank minister"

"Yes but I also heard that the father was appointed from a fifth rank official to a SRM today"

"Maybe they did it to save face, after all the crown prince has to marry someone from a good family"

"You are right, i heard they lived like commoners in Laventer city"

"But the omega has to be something if the crown prince chose him and since its the betrothal ceremony it means that he passed the elders test "

"True but let's wait for entrance of the said omega , let's see if he's pure or not".

"En let's wait and see"

News travels fast and almost everyone knew that Chan was promoted today and his family used to live in Laventer, so some nobles were already looking down on him and his family. It was going to take some hard work and dedication for Chan to be deemed worthy to be part of the royal family by these critics.

Although these people didn't welcome the Bang family in their hearts, they still had to make connections and be affiliated with them to get closer to the crown and luckily Chan was a good judge of character and could filter the bad ones in the bunch.

JeongIn was sitting at a table near his father but he was bored out of his mind until an omega came to sit next to him.

JeongIn POV

"Hie" the omega says with a boxy smile,  looking at the extravagant clothed that the other wore, I immediately knew that it was the crown princes omega brother.

"Annyeong Haseyo" I greet back respectfully.

"Come on you don't have to be so formal, we're going to be brothers from today onwards, My name is Taehyung "
The omega says cheerfully.

"I'm JeongIn, nice to meet you" we shake hands and hit it off from there.

I usually thought that royals were stuck up and boring but Taehyung proved me wrong as we were chatting having a good time.

Soon some kids of noble families tried to come up to us and make conversation but trust Taehyung to tell them straight up that he doesn't want to talk to them.

"I think you're now my favorite person" he says slightly blushing looking down at his hands and I just smile and nod in return.

Jungkook POV

I enter the banquet hall after changing to a more suitable outfit for the occasion and sit next to my father at the royal table.

"Jungkook meet your future father in law and Mr Bang meet your future son in law" my father introduces us.