Ishika look at everyone cheerful faces as they talked about the engagement which was going to happen after 15 days . All this was just making her suffocated . She just wanted to throw herself in her bed and cried her heart out because she didn't know how to handle this pain . Being a heart specialist she didn't know how to mend her own heart and save herself from these feelings .

"Atleast I am happy bhaisahab that you agreed for engagement this early otherwise I don't know how would I have controlled myself from taking my daughter home . Nikhil will be soon shifting to Kolkata because of his transfer so I wanted that wedding should take place next month but there is no auspicious timing so I have to be happy with the engagement itself" Her too be mother in law preeti said as she look at different designs of necklaces in front of her .

Nikhil Agarwal was son of Ishika's father bestfriend . A well known senior neurologist working in military hospital at a reputed position .

Ishika knew nikhil since her childhood days . He was caring , soft spoken and handsome which a girl count in her too be husband quality list . Maybe if she wasn't in love with another person she would have considered this proposal but now it is unbearable. She just wanted to be alone and bawled her eyes out on her ugly fate .

" Ishika uhmm can we talk alone for few minutes" Nikhil whispered softly while putting a fake smile on her face she nodded. They both excused themselves and moved into the balcony to talk as Nikhil knew how his parents and sister will pass them teasing glances and try to listen them.

" I hope you don't have any problem in shifting Kolkata . I know I should have discussed this earlier but we both were busy . If you have some issues regarding this setup or anything you can talk to me" Nikhil asked as he wanted to listen her opinion on shifting .

He wanted to listen to her view without imposing his decision on her . He knew how much difficult will be it for her to shift everything . Being a national duty he can't deny his superior about shifting their but he can come to arrangement for her .

"I haven't thought much about it yet Nikhil. Give me some days to think about this . I know you have your duty so you can't neglect. I understand but I need some time" Ishika said in low voice putting a smile on her face while Nikhil nodded .

"Take your time . There is not any hurry . It just I don't want to impose any of my decision on you . You can think and tell me" Nikhil said while ishika just nodded with smile . They both stood looking at the sky which was twinkling with little stars .

While one heart was excited to start new life another one was breaking apart. They both stood in silence as they both didn't knew what to say . It was just awkward silence between them while Nikhil was thinking how to break it.

" Actually I was thinking we can spend some time together in this week whenever you are free. I am going back to Kolkata by end of this week and will return on day of our engagement . We didn't had any proper meeting so we can shop and spend some time together" Nikhil said softly with a smiling face while ishika didn't knew what to say . She just nodded as she didn't wanted to break his hope making him grin widely .

" Just message me time and place next Saturday . I am free on that day . "Ishika said while Nikhil nodded and confirmed the plan . They stood as she listened him remisincing their childhood memories . How they would go to eat icecream together , Park to play and many more . They both went inside when his sister called him as they were going home.

" I don't have heart to go to home . I will rather sit here and eat these yummy food aunty have cooked . Wait for some time " Niharika said as she picked up the plate of cheese balls while her brother shook his head.