I nodded before mumbling an okay to Dr. Philips' words. I heard her typing on the computer, most likely taking the time to personally book the appointment. I hadn't been on the phone with her medical receptionist for two minutes before the line was transferred. I was waiting on the "I told you so" speech, but it never came thankfully.

Right now, she was the only person who knew. I had every intention of telling my mother and Lena, but once I went to my appointment. It'll maybe be difficult to keep the secret for the next week, but I was going to try my hardest. So far I hadn't had any morning sickness or nausea feelings, so I'll cross my fingers that I'll be able to; without anything throwing them off.

"Thank you, Dr. Philips."

"You're welcome, Iola. Be safe and happy belated."

"Thank you, I'll see you Friday."

The call ended moments later and I tossed the phone down on the bed, laying back. I needed to get up and finish getting dressed. My hair needed a quicken straightening from the wand curls I had done for my party. Thankfully the jet-black wig was easier to maintain than the curly hair I usually love.

Sitting up on the bed, I looked around the room. Small knocks came on the bedroom door and I knew it was Khari asking to come inside. The moment Kofi and I were back, he was right under me. Only leaving after my mama bribed him with candy to take a shower, so we could all get ready in time. Now that he was cleaned and dressed in a navy blue Nike suit, he was back with his iPad.

"What's up, Munchkin?"

"I just bored and want you." I smirked, holding out my arms. He happily threw himself to me and I lifted him as we both made our way to the bathroom.

Settling Khari down, I helped him turn on Paw Patrol before untangling my electrical hot comb and flat irons. I kept my distance from him, even though he knew right from wrong when it came to "good touch and bad touch" as Lena had taught.

Kofi walked into the room as I was straightening the last few pieces of my hair. Sasha was now on FaceTime with me, one of my AirPods in my ear so I could hear her clearly over Khari's YouTube videos and to keep him from hearing our conversation too. Currently, she was spilling some tea on Fallon and Brick. Fallon had mentioned to her and Ms. Casandra that she wanted to move out since her gender reveal. Mr. Newman had done some research with Brick's legal name and wasn't too pleased with the parts his daughter had kept from him. Personally, I didn't care and I knew she was going to do whatever she wanted to do regardless of what any of us said. And telling her no, would only push her more.

"I don't think it's a bad idea for her to move necessarily. She's having a baby, so clearly she'll need her own space. But she'll need some help too. So, I don't know. But having her own? What's the problem?"

"That girl trying to give Brick somewhere to lay his head, Iola. Don't be crazy. Do you really think she's responsible enough?" Sasha asked, looking at me like I was wrong.

"Fallon is grown, Sash. It has to happened one day."

Hell, I was pregnant and living over seven hundred miles away from my home. It was all about the mental state and support within your circle. A support systems mattered the most in this situation, but I believe Fallon to have that covered. Her family may be mad, but that's life.

Kofi walked up behind me. He looked at me through the mirror, and I rose an eyebrow at him before continuing my conversation with Sasha. Khari smiled as he saw Kofi, even putting the iPad down.

"Ya' auntie still ain't ready huh?"

Khari laughed, looking at me. "No, her doing her hair."

"Damn shame, youngin'." Kofi responded, turning his head to me.