TWO (R)

AND SHE DID HIT HIM HARD.

"I know you're shocked and all but you didn't really have to hit me!"

Dawn looked at Zeus and gave him a nervous smile.

It's already lunch time and there were only a handful of people dining in the patisserie. For them, it's just another day. But for Dawn, who was busy gawking at Zeus, it was different.

For one, today was the day she actually punched someone in the face. She held the iced pack to Zeus's left eye and started fidgeting. She didn't really mean to hit him, really, but she was overcame with so much emotions. Which resulted to Zeus's slightly swollen left eye. Dawn thought he looked like a cartoon character. She tried to suppress a smile.

My best friend's wedding! Best man!

Somehow Dawn thought that the words didn't blend well with the others.

"I'm really sorry." Dawn said.

Zeus shrugged. "I know you didn't mean to. But damn, woman, you hit like a man." he pointed out.

Dawn stared at her best friend and started backtracking the years dancing in her mind. Zeus has always been there for her. To her, he's a brother, the one that always rescue you, the one that always put up with you. He means a lot to her more than anyone in the world. Zeus's basically her favorite person.

She smiled sheepishly. "So, when's the wedding?" she asked.

"About a month from now."

"Are you guys in a hurry?" Dawn asked, confused. "I thought weddings are carefully thought events that take months of preparations." she paused and gasped. "Oh my God, is this a shotgun wedding?"

Zeus shook his head, taking out the iced pack from his face. "No. Joanna's not pregnant although I wish she was." he replied.

"You love her that much?"

Zeus smiled then started laughing softly, his shoulders shaking. "I can't be without that woman, Dawn. I'm so in love with her that I'm willing to pluck the moon for her if she dared me to." he said.

Dawn nodded and started remembering the first time she met Joanna.

They were in this fine dining restaurant in Eastwood. It was nearing Christmas that time. Zeus told her to wear something nice. So she did, with slight hesitation. And she didn't hide the surprised look on her face when she saw another woman sitting beside Zeus, her hand on his knee, and Zeus's lips whispering something to her ears. They looked intimate, private and Dawn felt like she was intruding. She thought they were dining out alone. They usually do that, when Zeus is feeling fancy but tonight it looked like Zeus had other plans for them.

Dawn realized then that she and Joanna were two different women. Joanna was sophisticated and intimidating as opposed to Dawn's bubbly and somehow awkward approach. Dawn thought that Joanna was the kind of woman men fall in love with. She's beautiful, knows that she's witty, and diamonds adore her perfectly. To make it short, Joanna is the kind of woman Dawn wants to be but will never be.

Joanna ate her lamb chop with finesse. Dawn ate hers like a caveman. To be honest, Dawn never really imagined Zeus marrying someone like Joanna. So high maintenance, so bright...so perfect. Everything that she's not.

Suddenly, Dawn gasped sharply and her lips curled. "I'm going to lose you, Zeus." she quietly said.

Zeus looked at her with concern. "What the hell are you talking about?" he placed a hand on Dawn's shoulder. "You're not going to lose me. You never lose your friends. Moreover, you never lose your best friend."