SEVENTEEN

ERIC WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE WHEN SOMEONE BUMPED INTO HIM.

And now his jacket was soaked in coffee, seeping through the fabric and onto his skin. It felt like a déjà vu of sorts as he looked upon the person who bumped into him.

He expected it to be Dawn and he was already ready to flick his fingers to her forehead but was disappointed when it wasn't her. In front of him was a girl with a startled look on her face. He was about to yell at her and give her a terrific lecture about looking in your way when you walk when his eyes landed on her face. He was loss for words immediately because right before him was a very attractive girl with wavy brown hair and eyes so dark, they were the color of coals and midnight. He's the kind of person who never gets attracted right away. But damn, he did and he almost choke and thought of Dawn.

Why in the world did he suddenly feel like he was cheating on Dawn? He's basically out of his mind, that's for sure.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" she said, biting her lower lip.

Somehow, her face looked vaguely familiar. She reminded him of someone but he couldn't put his finger on it. So he clenched his jaw and closed his eyes.

Going to Ben Cab Museum was a very bad idea.

After spending an idle time in his shared room with Kiel and debating whether he would sleep or go out by himself, he did what he didn't normally do: he stalked Dawn and Kiel on their way to the museum. As Kiel was getting ready, Eric pretended that he was sleeping off but as soon as Kiel went off with Dawn, Eric was on his feet and was following them. He pulled down his beanie and put his hoodie on so nobody would see his face. In his mind, this was kind of embarrassing. Well, it was and he wanted to slap his face over and over again.

He didn't even enjoy roaming around the museum because his head was full of thoughts about Dawn. He looked anywhere and Dawn was everywhere, messing up his mind and his heart. He lost track of Dawn and Kiel in the museum and assumed that they left. That's when he decided he would leave too and live his life. But then this girl bumped into him and now he smelled of coffee and disappointment.

"It's fine." Eric replied, curtly.

"I didn't see you coming. I'm really sorry." the girl looked down and started fidgeting.

They were in the same height and Eric could look at her eye to eye. Which was something he couldn't do with Dawn. After all, Dawn was taller than him and that still put him in shame of himself every time.

If only Dawn was just around his height. But he didn't care. He didn't mind having Dawn taller than him.

"Yeah, whatever." Eric said, ready to go when the girl pulled the sleeve of his jacket. "What the–?" he asked.

The girl fidgeted before sticking out her hand. "I'm Kieran." she said.

"I don't care. I don't talk to strangers."

"Well, I'm not a stranger anymore. I'm Kieran. What's your name?"

"Are you always this pushy?" Eric raised a brow.

"Are you always this annoying?" Kieran asked.

Eric crossed his arms over his chest and furrowed his brows together. Why did she look so familiar? He sighed heavily and stared at her hand. After a few seconds, he took her hand and shook it.

Kieran smiled. "Aren't you going to tell me your name?" she asked.

"Why are you so eager to know my name?" Eric said.

"You're not from here, aren't you?"

"So what if I'm not? Am I going to get kicked out of this place? Oh please, I was about leave when you waltzed around and spilled coffee on me."