Chapter 10

Finally. We were back at the farm and safe and after today I really didn't care about Martin's driving anymore. We had a long story to tell Edwin and Alaw now.
I stepped out the car once again. But by the time I got to the door, Edwin was there waiting anxiously for me.
"How did it go?" He was going to have a surprise when he finds out how my day was. Being held at gunpoint. Almost getting eaten alive. It's not your average day now is it.

"After dropping James off at Tesco. Me and Keenan got to the gun shop. Keenan went to get ammo and I got the guns. But I turned around to find Rhian." He looked towards her. She went all red when everyone stared at her. She didn't really make a good impression.

After I told everyone my side of the story. We all just had some nice food and also see what guns and ammunition we got as well. It was microwave meals but hey, it was food nevertheless. I had a pretty decent pasta bake. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of time it took to take the plastic seal off the top.

Rhian had finished quickly and she had already got started sorting out what we had got from Rhian's shop. Martin looked happy at what was set up already. I have no idea what was what. I think Edwin felt the same as me.
"Right then, we need to give you all a specific type of gun. Hopefully me and Martin can help choose the best one for you. I have my own rifle. Long range so I'll be helping from a distance." She sounded confident. I just hope she shot as well as she spoke.
"I'll be using this. It's a semi-automatic rifle. It has a good grip and I'm most confident in these types of guns." I liked his style. It looked like a reliable gun.

Now to the hard part. Me, Edwin and James. James was the first to insist. He walked to Rhian all excited. Not sure if it was he finally met a girl or because he was about to hold a gun. James was a good build and he could handle a heavy weapon. Rhian took her time. She seemed unsure what to give him. She looked at the right side of the table and gave a small grin.

She picked up a shotgun. A shotgun for James. I don't think that was a good mixture. Especially if he goes a bit trigger happy.
"Edwin, I think this is the best for you." Martin had a small pistol in right palm.
"It's a M9 Barreta. Pretty standard pistol. It takes 9mm rounds, which is a standard size and pretty common to find." Edwin looked worried. He took the gun and observed it closely and made sure the safety was on. For someone that has never held a gun before. He sure knew how to use it.

I walked to the table and saw a pretty large selection to choose. I really hoped I got something like the air rifle. I started to like that gun.
"I think you will be more suitable with this. It's the same model as mine, but a newer generation and it takes more common rounds. So you'll be with me most of this journey." She gave me a small smile and handed me the gun. It wasn't that heavy. Pretty light. Around the same weight as the air rifle. Ideal.

Now we had to decide where Rhian had to sleep for the time being. James insisted that she can stay with him. We disagreed with that. Just in case. In the end Rhian was crashing in my room.

"Hey, I'm sorry for pointing a gun on you. I was just trying to protect myself. Especially now all this is happening. I hope you understand." I did understand where she was coming from. We were stealing from her shop.
"It's fine Rhian. I'm sorry for stealing from your shop. Friends?" She had a big smile on her face.
"Yeah sure. But hey, it's fine. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive right? And I'll show you a few tips and tricks with a rifle in the morning." She seemed like a really nice girl. At least we weren't trying to kill each other.

I got onto the inflatable bed that was setup and got myself comfortable. I decided to let Rhian have the bed. I doubt I'd be able to sleep, but I need to at least try. If not I'll just go see if Martin's awake and have a few bottles again with him. I was lucky to of met Martin. If not. I have no idea in what kind of position I'd be in right now.