Chapter 7

My head was bouncing around while the car went over every pothole and speed bump. Manchester wasn't even this bad. I wasn't insulting Martins' driving but he did need to slow down a bit.

"Can you like slow it down a bit? I'm starting to get a headache with all the times my heads hit this window!" It was like James read my mind. Martin didn't reply to James. But I think he took into consideration what he said.

"We're almost there now. Get you stuff together." We we're going to a farm that Alaws' family owned since decades. It was a little holiday break house for her and Martin now. Wasn't many animals there. A few sheep really. It was quiet and secluded here though. So the odds of getting this virus was slim. Thank god. The best thing that's happened to me this holiday was when Martin knocked my pint over me.

The farm came into view. It didn't look like your typical, steriotype farm. It was pretty modern.
"Me and Alaw did here up a bit. We use it as a holiday house. Not really a farm. You get the occasional wild sheep around. But nothing more." Fair play on them. Really did do a good job on it.

We came to a halt. Finally the banging of the luggage in the boot stopped bouncing around. It was quite a long journey. Well. About a hour or so. It was next to a place called Nebo. I pushed the door open. Took a bit of effort though. You could hear the spring in it screeching due to the rust on it.

I could finally be able to stretch my stiffened muscles. The relief I felt. I walked around to the rear end of Martins car and opened the boot. I dragged mg suitcase out and popped the handle out.
"Where should I keep my suitcase?" I didn't want to keep it anywhere now did I?
"Oh just go through door. Down the hall and put it to the second door to your right. That can be your room. Then just go to the end of the hall and wait in the living room."

After keeping my bag. I began to make my way down the hall. The door to the living room was shut. So I guessed there wasn't anyone there. I approached the door and opened it. The living room was really modern. Laminate flooring. Leather sofas. Pretty nice TV. They really did dedicate a lot of time on this place.

I leaped over the back of the sofa and landed gently. I hope Martin didn't mind me doing this. Yet again I grabbed the controller. Hoping that there would be something on the TV to get my mind off things. But no luck. But then. On the conrer of my eyes I noticed something. Praise the lord. I'm saved. A DVD player and next to it a stack of films.

I fell on the floor in excitement. I slid akk the way to the DVDs and began looking. The Notebook. No thanks. Didn't like romances. Shaun of the dead. How ironic. Wasn't going to help me get my mind of things. Ah! Finally a good film. 21 Jump Street. I flipped the switch to turn the DVD player on and inserted the disc. Pressed play and got back on the sofa.

I heard voices coming from the hall. Must be the rest of the group. So I lifted myself up and awaited for the door to open. Martin came in first.
"I hope you don't mind Martin." I felt guilty now.
"Don't worry about it! Make yourselves at home." He really was a genuine bloke.

We were all sitting around a tablefull of tinned goods and other various edible pieces of food. Trying to see what we can do.
"We need to start rationing. Keep an order on what we get and how much we get. This will reduce the amount of times we will have to go on supply runs." Ah, the great Edwin with his words of wisdom. I swear he puts something in his coffee. Edwin agreed to do a ration plan for us all by tomorrow.
"Now that's sorted. We need to get to the serious business. If we come into contact with the infected. We need to defend ourselfs in some way. So who's shot a gun before?" At that exact moment. Edwin stopped slurping on his coffee. None of us knew how to shoot.
"I've played Call of Duty before? And I was a pretty good trickshotter as well." I don't know how James can joke about this. It was serious.

After a small chat. We decided we'd need to learn how to shoot. Martin had a air rifle we could use. Just to get used to it. It wasn't loud either. So it wouldn't attract any attention. We didn't have to kill the infected. Just injure them if they got to close. But we needed a rest. The room that I put my luggage in earlier was my bedroom. Again pretty modern. And cosy as well. But we all went to rest up. We had a busy week coming up. I needed all the energy I could get.

A/N

I just want to thank everyone that's been voting and giving me compliments on this book. It helps me a lot and keeps me motivated! Please feel free to leave suggestions of what you want to happen. You never know. I might include some ;) thanks again for all your kindness!