Chapter 5

7 PM. I was ready. Our first lads night out in Wales. Its going to be good. Unless James kicks off and goes for Edwin. I hope he doesn't. Edwin isn't really the fighting type.

I tightened my tie in the mirror once more. Need to look good don't I? This was the first time for me to wear a suit for a night out before. As I said. Not fussed what I wear. But I had to go rent this suit out. That wasn't cheap.

I plunged myself on my small sofa. Pretty comfortable in all fairness. And switched on the small, thick and old TV on. You could hear the static running over the screen. It was on a news channel. Might as well. See what's going on in wales right now.
I virus has broken out in a small village in the south of Gwynedd. Councils and doctors advise if any of these symptoms appear:
Vomiting
Bloodshot eyes
Sudden change of mood
Please go to Gwynedd Hospital located in Bangor for treatment
Well a virus. Great. I come here for a break. Not the flipping flu. Oh well. That wasn't going to ruin out lads night out. It sounded more like me the morning after a party.

I strolled hapilly three doors down from my room, it's where Edwin was. The door was ajar. No need to knock then. I shoved the door open with my shoulder and walked in. Seeing Edwin in his navy blue suit. I did say he had a obsession with blue. It was a change he wasn't wearing skinny jeans for once.
"Let's just hope James looks at least half decent." I couldn't say that without a smirk on my face. The odds of that happening a pretty slim. And I was right. There he was. In the door way leaning on the frame. Blur jeans. Red T-shirt with the Manchester city badge right in the centre of it. He looked a mess. And his smell was as bad.
"You ever heard of a shower James? Yeah they keep you smelling nice! Try use one this holiday." I think I said that I bit to sarcasticly.
"Piss off Keenan. You know I don't give a shit what others think of me. Don't like it. Piss of. Simple." I might've pissed him off. But I was saying the truth.

First pub we entered into was The Ship and Castle. It was the closest to the hotel. Only about a minute walk. Wasn't too bad. What was bad though was how much we stood out. James was alright. It was me and Edwin that suffered. No one had a suit. Just me and Edwin. Many people thought we'd been to a funeral. Especially me. I regret choosing black now. I couldn't understand what a few were saying. Better not be talking about me.
"Pint of Carling please bud." I was craving a good pint. Lucky really. I'm only 17. But barley get asked for ID. I look old enough.

As soon as the pint if Carling was introduced to me. I could've died and gone to heaven. It was perfect. The froth overflowing the cold glass. I liked my lips. Best part of the holiday. I grabbed the freezing cold glass and took half the pint in one. It was that good. To be fair. It was one of the best pints I'd ever had. It was all watered down in Manchester.

While I was about to get lips around the glass for a second time. I was rudely interrupted. A large shoulder crashed into me and the glass slipped away from my lips grasp on it. It was everywhere. All over my suit. Well shit. I didn't even own it. I was renting it out for a week.
"Sorry am hyna boi." I think I'd have a better chance understanding German first time than learn welsh.
"I'm English mate. Don't understand a word you said." Honesty is the best policy I say.
"Oh. I said in sorry for doing that mate. Here. There's a good place in Pool Street that will get rid of the stains." While saying this he handed me £20. Looks like he was a alright lad.
"Names Martin by the way."
"Well I'm Keenan, that's Edwin and James is over there." He shook my hand. He didn't look that strong. But I'll tell you. He had a firm handshake.

"Where you off to next?" Martin curiously asked me. He was pretty short. Well he was about 5'7. Edwin was the shortest. 5'5 he was.
"I think it's called the Legion?" I wasn't sure what it was called. That's what James said earlier. He went for a walk earlier to scout out different pubs.
"That's where I'm off to. Mind if I came along? I've live here since I was a child so I know my way around." He seemed like a nice lad. I didn't see why not.

Pint after pint the four of us went to another 3 pubs after the Legion. Morgan Lloyd, Weatherspoons and the Eagles.
I'll have one more. I could barley stand. And I don't know how the bartender could understand my slurred speech. But I got the pint. Reached out for it. But my body gave up and just went. I fell. A large shot of pain hit my head. I landed with a large thud. Then slowly. The darkness took over.