Chapter 1

I tossed and turned. My brain was awake but my eyes refused to believe it. The bright morning sun was beating down on my face. It was quite clear to see that my brother had opened the curtains. He's always trying to turn my days from bad to worse, and somehow he always prevails.
I opened my eyes but only to see the beam of sunlight striking through my window. It was blinding, and me already with bad eyesight. It didn't really help.

So i decided to get up out of bed, or at least roll off. This was a challenge for me because of my laziness. As I approached my bedroom door my body noticed the sudden change in temperature. From my warm, snug, large cocoon to a cold, old wooden floor. I couldn't handle it. It sounds awful but it's me just being awkward. So I jumped back in my bed and began to search for the socks that mysteriously go missing every night. And yet again, no sign of them. But then I remembered that I had a pair of slippers off mum Christmas.

I threw half my body over my bed and began looking for them. Found one. And now found the second. Very rare for me to actually find something, mum says I have 'no common sense'. So I put the slippers on and then I remembered why I put these at the back of my bed. The looked hideous. It was all christmasy themed with all the cute little pictures that showed elves making presents and 'Santa' delivering all the presents in one night. I despised these slippers with a passion. But as long as no one sees these then I'm good. At least they kept my feet warm.

Finally finding a solution for the cold floor, I began to slowly drag myself to my bedroom door. With my brain being fully functional but my limbs barley being able to move I lifted my right hand up and began to turn the old, rusted and cold door knob, shame I didn't have any gloves on me.

I pulled my bedroom door back, almost taking my barley responsive body with it, luckily my wardrobe was there to stop the fall. But I heard all of the unused hangars rattle inside while the unstable wardrobe wobbled. I held my breath. Praying it wouldn't collapse. Luckily my prairs came true and it managed to balance out and the rattling stopped.

I started my long, cold and hard journey to go from my beautiful, comfortable, warm bed all the way to the lounge. I stomped out of my bedroom door, seeing my younger brother standing in front of his bedroom door, I stared curiously at him. Having no clue what he was doing, he was just there with a 'I'm the perfect little boy' look on his face.

"Bore da!" He finally spoke out. I had no idea what he actually just said. Sounded like he was sneazing.
"What did you just say? You got a cold or something?" He just laughed at my response. That didn't really help.
"It's Welsh for hello stupid!" He replied all cocky. Not like him to be like that, he's usually the calm and resortful kind of person.
"Yeah, just stick to a language that we all understand. Alright?" Honestly I didn't want him to answer me back so I continued the long struggle to get downstairs.

I'm not a very talkative person when I wake up. I'm very unresponsive and this can seriously piss off Callum. But everything pisses Callum off. I couldn't place my footing right on the stairs. My eyes were still stunned from the bright light attack that happened earlier. Every step that my feet landed on creeked loudly. Like when someone's nails were scraped against a blackboard. And the further down I went the higher the noise. This worried me. I either had to start cutting down on the chocolate biscuits or these stairs are just not safe to be treaded upon.

Finally being able to be on solid ground again and knowing I won't fall through the ground, I began to walk the halfway. Which seemed to be never ending. That's just my mind though. I'll get there sooner or later I told myself. The living room door was ajar and I could smell the tempting odour that came hovering from the kitchen. This got myself to wake up a bit more and get my body to move when my brain commanded it to.

As I was being lured to the door I got suspicious. Why was the door slightly open? No one kept a door ajar like that. It was either fully opened or closed properly. This was when my brain started to actually think. Which was very rare to happen. Especially in the morning hours. So I came up with an idea. If I walked to the bathroom and opened the door while doing so. Any prank Callum was going to do would surely be a unsuccessful one. But yet again Callum always prevails. Somehow.

I launched my devious but clever plan and started to walk cautiously towards the door. As soon as I got into reaching distance of the door I heard a creek. The stairs. Someone was there. And it wasn't Connor because he already got passed me when I was making my way down. So who was it? Most likely one of my other brothers or sister. There were five of us. Me, Keenan. There was Callum, Connor, Celt and Kaitlin. I didn't take notice. I reached my arm out towards the door and as soon as my finger tips contacted the old oak wood door. The door to my left flew open and I felt a shot of coldness collide against the left side of my body. I couldn't speak. I couldn't move, I was frozen from the shock.

I managed to urge my body to look at the direction it came from. It was him. Callum. Yet again with his 'funny pranks' he was almost on the floor with all the laughter. He could barley breathe. Good. Its harsh but I've put up with it for 17 long years. I was drenched. My T-shirt almost on the floor with how much water it collected. Next to Callum was a large bucket with the remains of the water that was thrown beginning to flow over the laminate flooring. I could've screamed at him. But due to the amount if shock I was in from the change in temperature I couldn't even look angry. Just frozen. See what I mean by him always prevailing somehow?

After coming out the shower. My body had managed to finally defrost and return to normal. Thank god for warm water. Slowly but surley I began to go back up to my room. The journey back was worse. I now had to walk up the stairs. But again my brain just gave up on me once again. So I crawled up to my bed. Somehow, can't really explain how because I really don't know myself in all honesty.

Because my clothes that I did have were now absolutely soaked from the humourous incident earlier. I needed to get dressed again. I swung my wardrobe doors open with a force. So much force in fact, some of the rattling hangers that fell flew onto the cold floor. I didn't have much clothing. Really didn't care how I looked to be honest. So I just grabbed my black and blur adidas tracksuit, which I adored very much. Didn't have many of the popular branded clothing. So I used them wisely. Never around Callum I can assure you that.