Chapter 6

"He hit his head pretty bad last night. Don't think the bandage will help much. He needs stitches." Edwin sounded worried. He's not usually like that. I could feel a pressure around my forehead. But with my muscles weak and unresponsive. I couldn't check where I'd hurt. What happened last night?

"I'll call the clinic today. See if they can fit him in." I could still remember that welsh accent though. Martin. I must of hurt pretty badly for him to be sticking around.

I flickered my eyes untill I could finally see straight. I looked around. This isn't my room. We weren't even in the hotel I don't think. Where are we?

I rolled my body to the right. Trying to use my hand to lift my body up. Didn't work. Next step. Talk. That was even more of a challenge than trying to get up. My whole mouth was dry because of dehydration. I give up.

Finally! Edwin saw me struggling to move.
"Shit, sorry Keenan. Here." He handed me a large glass of water. Good. I needed it, otherwise I couldn't be able to speak. Even though I don't really speak much.

I finished the water in one big gulp. I was that thirsty. Finally I could speak.
"Thanks. What happened last night?" I remember falling but not a clue where I hurt. Just a shot of pain.
"You fell and hit the corner of a blokes chair. You got a pretty big gash on you right temple. After that we had to carry you home. But I lived closer, so that's why we're here."

Finally up and able to walk I went to the bathroom. It was a pretty spacious bathroom compared to the hotels one. I shuffled my way to the sink and got a first glance at my bandage. Someone is good at first aid.
"Admiring my handy work then." I jumped out if my skin. Someone was behind me. Sounded like a girl. I slowly turned around and noticed a blonde haired woman. I gave a confused face. Not knowing what to say.
"Oh, I'm Alaw. Martins girlfriend." Made sense. I knew Edwin couldn't wrap his lunch properly. Never mind someone's head and Martin didn't really look like the 'bandage expert' type of guy.

I sat down and turned on Martins living room TV on. Slight more modern than the one in the hotel. I started to flick through the channels. But they were all the same. A news reporter next to a hospital. Guessing Gwynedd hospital. The title was Virus spreading. Stay indoors. Looks like a flu is messing my holiday longer then. I raised the volume so I can hear what she was saying. Either I was partially deaf or Martin and Alaw had really good hearing.
"I am outside Gwynedd hospital in Bangor and it seems that the virus has began to worsen. We don't know exactly what the virus is yet. But it attacks the nervous system and brain by disabling many responses of the body. The virus is transfered by saliva. So please. Keep out of contact with the initial infected. The origins are still yet unknown of how it began. So please take care, be careful and stay saf..."

Just as she was going to finish her report. She got pounced on. The guy looked a mess. Sgragged clothes. Blood stained teeth. I'm guessing he was infected then. But what I saw next was horrible, vile and unforgettable. He pinned the reporter to the ground and then he tore out the right side of the throat. Ripping the artery in half. Blood began to spew everywhere. I could here the reporter struggle for every breath she took. And then. It stopped. She layed there. Motionless. I didn't want to think it. But she was dead. Poor woman.

Martin barged into the room. He looked pale. I don't blame him. Especially if he saw what happened to that reporter.
"Did you see what happened? Keenan did I just see that reporter die?" I could hear the fear in his voice. I couldn't even talk. I just nodded in reply. Edwin was standing behind him.
"It's too dangerous to go to the doctors Keenan. Someone might he infected there." Good point. Edwin always managed to be right. No matter what.
"Edwin. Ring James to bring some stitches from Boots. I can try and do it for you." I'm guessing Alaw has had a first aid course or something like that.

I stood next to the front room window. I peeked through the curtains. It seemed normal. Maybe only a few places had the news report showing. But them again, it was on every channel possible. So why wasn't everyone freaking out about it? I will never know.

The front door slammed. Making all the loose ornaments in the house rattle. It was James.
"I got the stitches you asked for!" Thank god. The wound was beginning to throb again. He better brought some pain killers.
Alaw walked in with the equipment she needed.
"It's going to hurt a bit. But I won't take her to long." I'd already unwrapped the bandage when I was in the bathroom earlier. She dabbed some disifenctant on the wound. That sting quite a bit. But I guess I don't want a infection. Especially with this one already on.

Alaw didn't do to much of a bad job. It did the trick so I won't complain. Now what? Where are we going now? Do we go home? Back to the hotel?
"We need to go home guys." I had to suggest something didn't I?
"No. We can't. Call your family and tell them what's up. But its to dangerous to go back. If this virus has hit Manchester. Then shits going down. The population is a lot higher in Manchester. Meaning a higher risk of getting infected. We need to go somewhere secluded with not much population." Yet again. Edwin was right. I need to tell mum to go somewhere. Away from the busy streets of Manchester.
"Where will we go though? I barley know my way to the shops!" James had a good point.
"Luckily I know north Wales like the back of my hand. And I know just the place to go."