Chapter 3

I stood in front of the large mass of clothing piled over my bedroom floor. Consuming every part of my room, the only thing that was visible was my TV, due to the wall bracket it was one.

I stood there. Baffled. Not knowing what kind of clothing I needed to go to North Wales. Would it be warm? Or will it be cold? In all honesty I didn't care what the weather was like. So I forced myself to grab the ladder and crawl up it to find the suitcase. Like finding a needle in a haystack. It didn't help it was so dark.

A cloud of dust exploded in the air when I moved a few things around. I could barley breathe. And my asthma pump was somewhere buried in the mountain of clothing in my room. I didn't know what to do. Bad luck just kept on coming for me today. Callum soaking me, accused of theft and now having my lungs being attacked by the dust.

I began to hurry up. Hoping that the nutorious suitcase was close. But no luck. Think Keenan! I began to throw everything out of my way in panic. Not being able to see my own feet. It didn't help. I gave up. I climbed over the overflowing amount of objects that got together from my throwing. I tried to get my footing on the ladder. But missed. My heart skipped a beat. I'm done. Problem with my attic was that it was so close to the stairs it was a health hazard. I missed all the thin,fragile aluminium steps and landed on the landing. Thank god I didn't fall!

What do I do now? If I can't find the suitcase. Then I can't clean my clothes. And if my clothes and cleaned up. I wont be allowed to go on the holiday. And at that moment. My brain finally started to kickstart and an idea flowed through. If I go to Connor's room. I can 'borrow' his suitcase and go before he notices. Hopefully this plan works for me.

I expertly folded the ladder in half. So it can be kept back to where it was meant to be. And I closed the attic door. Preventing any of the dust to submerge the rest of the house in it. I then began to tip toe to Connors bedroom. Problem was the landing was as bad as the staircase. I had to expertly place my footing to try and be silent. I grabbed on his door knob and twisted. 

That was half the problem over. Now to find where he kept his suitcase. Which in all honesty wouldn't be too hard. He's a little swot. He kept everything in a specific area of his room. I took a right and then tried my best to look on top of his wardrobe. I could see the handle! So I tried to find some sort of solid object to be able to get it. Luckily enough. He had a small step for himself to reach certain spots of his room. Heck I even need it and I'm six foot tall!

Barley breathing. Still. I carefully lifted the little step from next to his bed and placed it directly on the front side of the wardrobe. I took the step up and got my fingertips around the handle. I tugged. It slid to quickly towards me. I think he actually polishes everything in his line of sight. Even his books. Somehow. I tried to get my balance and stay on the step. But it was inevitable that I was going to fall. So I pushed off the step and tried to reach the bed. I missed. I landed on the solid, cold ground with a large thud.

Well shit. So much for keeping quiet. I had two choices. Run. Or try and put everything back in place and make it to my room in time. I didn't know what to do. My heart was racing. Again. I grabbed the stepped and threw it to some area of the room. Hopped to the door. Grabbed the handle and pulled as hard as I could. Luckily I didn't take the door knob with me.

I pushed my bedroom door opened. But it stopped. And wasn't open enough for me to squeeze in. Shit! The clothes! What now? I tried again to open the door. This time with a bit more elbow grease. It swung open and yet again hit the wardrobe. I wasn't so lucky this time. The wardrobe fell with a large bang. This was going from bad to worse every step I took.

I stood there. Looking at the aftermath of what is meant to be my bedroom. It looked like a bomb had been set off here. I threw the suitcase to where the bed was meant to be and I just started throwing in the clothes that were visible to my line of sight. I'm going to regret this. Next step was to attempt to get this wardrobe back and actually able to hold clothing inside. I picked it up. And the left support collapsed and the top part of the wardrobe started to crack. Like someone hanging on a ledge. I used all the strength that I could get out of my body and used one hand to put it back on. It worked. Finally! Something went rightThe wardrobe was upright. For now. I got the remainder of my clothes off the floor and launched them into the wardrobe.  I grabbed my suitcase. Well Connors. And headed for the bustops.