Chapter 2

I stared in shock at what I was looking at. I couldn't believe it. Speechless. Were my eyes deceiving me? Am I really seeing what's right in front of me right now? What should I do?

I can't believe that my closest friend was attempting to steal from a shop. What do I do? I began to walk towards him with my heart in my throat. I could feel my pulse pounding from my neck. Deep breaths I said. Easier said than done I guess.
"James? The hell are you doing? I could you see you doing that from outside!"
He just looked at me. Emotionless. He just looked directly in my eyes. I didn't know where to look.

"Trust me. I do it loads, you never get caught." I begged to differ.
"I don't care. I'm not getting involved in this. I want a future." It was harsh. But it was all the truth. I couldn't get a good job with a criminal record now could I.

I turned around and I began to approach the front of the shop yet again. But just before I got out. A large shadow emerged from behind me and grabbed me by my wrist. Shit, I'm being kidnapped. Those were the only words in my mind. I couldn't think, never mind talking. It was the security guard. He must've though it was me doing all the 'shoplifting'.

I entered a narrow hallway that had towers of stock. Piling all the way up to the ceiling. I looked behind me. Trying to see past the security guard. But I couldn't. It was way to narrow to see behind the rather large guard. I started to panic. What will happen to me? Am I getting arrested? All these questions revolved around my head and not one of them I had a answer too.

While descending down the what seemed to be never ending hallway. I got shoved into a very confined room. I don't see how a group of people to fit inside.
"Sit." They were the only words I heard. Im cluless if anything else was said. Didn't really care either. I hadn't done anything wrong! Why was I being treated like a prisoner while James got off scotch free. Sometimes, this world is unfair.

Someone came into the room. I could barley make out how he looked. There was no light here. Just one bulb in the corner. And that was on its way out. The man was a very small build. Very short. He had glasses on and wore the sort of clothes you wouldn't really see around Manchester. He was the perfect stereotype of a nerd.
"What have you been doing then eh? Trying to steal from me? Well I'm not dumb!" Honestly. I wanted to laugh at him. He caught the wrong person and not just that. He let the actual culprit just walk away.
"Nothing.. Sir. I haven't stolen off you. I simply walked to a fellow friend and spoke. There is no proof I took anything." I felt like a total smartass.
"Well let's see about that. I'll look at the CCTV now. And according to you. You took nothing?" He had such a evil look on his face. Congrats, you caught a person that did nothing, well done.

He looked baffled. Confused.Speechless. He couldn't even look at me no more to see what he found. He knew I was right. He swiveled his chair around towards me and took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry for the accusations that were pointed out today. I would appreciate this would go no further and stays inside these 4 walls." This was pleasant. Having an apology from the store manager and in some way begging me not to tell anyone.
"You've waisted a goof amount of my day. All for nothing. But I accept your apology and it won't go any further." I didn't want to be to harsh now did I? He just smiled at me. He then commanded the guard to escort me out. Like a puppet. He did what his 'commander' asked. He wasn't as violent on the way back. I guess he felt bad

"What took you so long?!" I could've hit him. Right in the jaw. I just went through all that shit just to stop him getting into trouble. No thanks. Or I owe you.
"What took me so long? Maybe getting accused of your shit!" He knew I was pissed off. I knew by the look on his face. His right eyebrow raised a bit. Looked like a confused puppy.
"While I was looking. I found a holiday we could go on? Not to expensive either." I wasn't sure. My respect for him has just gone down after what happened.
"One condition. Edwin comes." His mood totally changed. He absolutely despises him. But that's he gets. If he doesn't like it. Tough shit.

The holiday is to a town in North Wales. Apparently a royal town. Looked okay on bing. Decent sized castle. Think it was called Caernarfon. Edwin is coming. But James is sulking now. Like a 4 year old not allowed ice cream. But as I said earlier. Tough.