too late

╰┈➤ joshua

"i'm sorry miss, but, our appointment was supposed to be an hour ago. we have been waiting for mr. hong for kinda long time, and, now i have another appointment with another customer, so, i guess we'll have to delay your fitting to the other day. is it okay, for you?"

y/n just smiled softly at the girl, trying her best not to show she was very disappointed with her fiancé that time.

"yes, sure. i don't really mind actually. maybe my fiancé has something very important to handle at his work place, that's why he's late. it's okay, i'll tell him later, thank you for waiting." she said before she took her handbag and walked to her car.

when she arrived at the car, she took her phone and called for joshua. after the third ring, he finally picked up the call.

"joshua..? finally, you picked up." she said.

"yes, i'm sorry. i was very busy just now, and my phone ran out of battery."

"where were you? did you forgot that we are supposed to pick for our wedding outfit today?"

"oh.. really? i must've forgotten about that, i'm sorry. we can do it on another time, right?" he asked.

she sighed.

"yes, sure it is.." and, she ended the call.

joshua, on the other side were sighing too.

"what should i do? should i tell her the truth?" he asked himself.

honestly, when he kept on being busy with his works, he can't deny the fact that he is slowly falling out of love with y/n. it's not her fault, she did nothing wrong. but, after a lot of time being alone, joshua thought that living alone is better.

as days passed, he kept on distancing himself from y/n even though he knows their wedding will be in just a month.

"hey, y/n." someone disturbed her thoughts when she heard a knock on her car's window. it was her friend, jeonghan.

"oh, jeonghan."

"what are you doing here?" he asked.

"nothing. i was at the boutique, but, my fiancé cannot make it today, so we have to delay it." she replied.

"oh, i see. then, let's go to that café. i'll treat you this time. it's been a while since we last hang out together, right?"

"oh yes, sure." as they both walked to the café.

a week passed, and it's the day where joshua and y/n was supposed to be at the boutique again. she waited for him, but, again, he didn't show up.

she was so angry, so, without calling him, she just straightforwardly went to his office. but, she was shook seeing him with another girl, being so close to each other.

"joshua.."

"y/n..?"

"oh, so this is why?" she asked.

"no, y/n listen." joshua said as he softly dragged her out from his office.

"what? joshua, i hate you."

"no, y/n-"

"let's end this."

his eyes widened. "what are you saying?"

"i'm being serious, josh. you fell out of love don't you? i heard it from someone."

he was left speechless. she took of their engagement ring and placed it on his palm.

"give this to the right person." was her last word before she left.

when she left, he felt the emptyness but he just shrugged it off because he was so sure that he fell out of love. but, seeing her cry made him sad too.

meanwhile, y/n drove to jeonghan's place on knowing that he is the only person that can comfort her that time.

"jeonghan.."

"oh my gosh, y/n. what happened? why are you crying?' he asked, guiding her to get inside.

*****

a month passed and joshua felt peace without y/n.

but that's what he thought. he still can't understand his own feelings.

one day, he decided to go to a park where he usually spent his time with y/n before.

"it's so calming here." he sighed.

suddenly, a memory of him with y/n there came inside his mind but he just shrugged it off.

"i should atleast go and meet her after this."

then, he saw a crowd of people on the exact same place where he proposed y/n before. so, he decided to go there.

there, he saw a guy holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of ring box. he smiled.

"good luck bro!" he cheered.

he thought he should wait for the girl to come, ju,t to see how the guy will propose her.

"but that guy seems familiar though." he mumbled.

then, he saw a familiar girl coming towards the guy direction. he can't see her face because she was standing backing the crowd.

"will you marry me?" the guy asked and the crowd cheered. as soon as the girl turned around, joshua's breath hitched.

'y/n..'

"yes." that's when joshua remembered that she once showed him a picture of her ex boyfriend-

'yoon jeonghan.'