sunday morning (2)

╰┈➤ joshua  for: MiaowMazing1208 🫶🏻

"so, since i've thought you a lot just now, answer my question." joshua said to y/n.

since that day when they first met, y/n can't do anything to ignore joshua since they've been partnered for the maths quiz.

including today, it has been two weeks since they started hanging out together and joshua is sure that he has grown a feeling inside his heart for her.

"okay, what is the question?" she answered.

"listen carefully."

"mr.hong is a bus driver. one day, he drove far from his place which is 500 kilometres away. the length of his tyre is 30 centimetres. so, what year was mr.hong  born at?"

"joshua.. don't show your stupidity infront of anybody else after this. or else, i swear you're not my friend." she said.

he laughed at her even though that 'friend' word made his heart clenched.

"you don't know the answer?" he added.

"no." she shook her head.

"it's 1995."

"how the hell-"

"the driver was me." he continued before he bursted into laughter.

"ugh, annoying." she rolled her eyes at him.

"i'm not."

they are currently at the school rooftop, it's now their favourite hanging out place. suddenly, they heard footsteps coming towards their direction.

"did you asked anyone to come here?" joshua asked, she just shook her head in response.

after a while, vernon appeared.

"oh, vernon? what are you doing here?" joshua asked.

"y/n. we need to talk." he said. y/n gulped looking at how serious he was.

"where? here?" she asked, walking to vernon's direction. joshua was looking at them in silence, but, he can't hear anything.

"what is it?" y/n said, trying not to be nervous.

"is it true that.."

"you like me?" he asked. y/n's eyes widen at his statement.

"how- how did you know about this?" she said.

"it's true then." he continued.

"why you didn't told me about this earlier?" he said, holding her arms.

joshua was feeling uneasy looking at them from the distance. when he saw vernon held y/n's arm, he quickly stood up and went to their direction.

"you have a girlfriend now, vernon." she answered.

"what's happening here?" joshua asked.

"nothing, josh. don't worry." y/n said at him.

"why are you holding her arms, vernon? you have a girlfriend, remember that." he warned vernon.

"but, y/n likes me, josh. did you know about this? you know that i liked her before this, right?"

joshua was taken aback hearing vernon's word.

"is this true, y/n?" he asked, sounding sad.

she nodded. "it was true, but not anymore."

"what do you mean?" vernon asked, letting her arms free.

"i don't like you anymore, vernon. be happy with your girlfriend." she said.

"joshua.."

"i like you." she confessed.

"i'm scared i might lost another person that i like, so i confessed." she looked at her hands.

"you like me?" joshua asked and she nodded slowly.

vernon sighed and patted joshua's shoulder. "take care of her." he said as he left.

"then, be mine."