𝐬𝐢𝐱

"No that's not it." Bob scribbled out another note.

"Jeez Bob, you need this to sound genuine not scripted." Natasha rubbed her temples.

"I know, I just get nervous around her. Then she starts talking angrily and nothing ever comes out right." He sighed.

"If you script it you will sound like a robot."

He balled up the paper he was writing on and threw it into the trash as the duo walked out of the classroom Bob had holed himself up in.

"Is she here?" He asked Natasha, who shook her head.

"She's at the hospital, checking on Bhavika. Hoping for more good news." Bob just nodded and they walked into the holding area. "We'll be up for training soon."

"Break right!" Someone yelled over the radio that was set up in the room, so they could listen to the happenings in the air.

Both he and Natasha joined Callie and Neil in front of the radio. "Shit, he's coming from behind." Mickey called over to Reuben.

"Got it." There was some radio silence for a bit. Bob's eyes flicked to Val, who was anxiously playing with the rings on her dog tags again. Bob was curious, who was she married to and why hadn't she changed her last name? Maybe it was none of his business.

"Shit there are a ton of birds coming this way." Reuben announced.

"Try to get out of their way." Maverick advised him.

"Why are the following us." Everyone had begun to gather around the radio. "Why the hell are these birds harder to shake than Mav is."

"SHIT! Bird strike!" Mickey yelled over to his RiO. Everyone was in a panic.

"Payback, Fanboy get the hell out of that plane!" Maverick yelled and so they both did.

꧁𑁍꧂

Lahela had only been on base for a total of six seconds before she was rushed to the medical wing.

"What happened?" She asked and threw on her white coat.

"Bird strike. Lt. Fitch and Lt. Garcia ejected from their plane. We just extracted them, there won't be any long term damage." Austin filled her in as she ran through the hall.

Two stretchers were rolled into the wing and they both ran alongside them.

"A few lacerations to the forehead on Lt. Fitch." She noted. "I'll take him for examination. You take Garcia." Austin nodded and they both brought their patients to different rooms.

Both pilots came out of the ejection in good shape, a few bumps and bruises but they would live. She put a bandage over the cuts on Reuben's forehead and let the nurses wheel him to a room for overnight observation.

"How's Garcia doing?" She asked Austin and discarded her gloves into the trash.

"He's doing great, he is conscious again. Improving faster than Fitch, but just a few scrapes and bruises." He said and mimicked her action.

"We should go tell them." She said and motioned to the group forming on the other side of the double doors.

"Yeah we should." He agreed and they both pushed open the doors. Everyone was looking at them.

"They'll be fine." She said. "We are keeping The for overnight observations and they can't fly for two to three days depending on how the bruises heal."