𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Come on Fanboy, you can do better than that." Reuben threw his hands up in the air when Mickey had missed the shot. "That god, your weapon operating is better that your pool skills or we'd all be fucked."

Bob sat at the bar again, Natasha happened to be there this time.

The bars bell ring again and Bradley walked in with Cassandra and Valentina, they were all laughing boisterously. His eyes caught Wren glaring daggers at Cassie. Natasha couldn't seem to hide her laughter at Wren, not successfully hiding her jealousy.

"Natasha stop." He nudged her. "We can't laugh at her, she just hasn't realized her feelings yet. Give her time, it'll come to her."

"Says you. Come on let's go say hi. Properly this time." Natasha stood up and walked over to the new arrivals.

"Hey Phoenix and Bob. Saw you two disappear earlier, gets crowded in those rooms sometimes." Cassie hugged them both.

"It's nice to see you both again." Val said and gave them hugs as well.

"Why weren't you guys on the other mission with us? It seems strange to me that you both weren't called back, I assumed you guys would be some of the first to come back." Natasha grabbed some beers for them and handed them over.

"Thanks." Cassie smiled and took a drink before answering. "I had some health concerns to attend too and Val can't do it without me so we both pulled ourselves from the running."

"She's the only RiO I will work with, anyone else is nothing compared to her." Bob understood that.

His last RiO was an absolute jackass, he would tell him one thing and he would do the other. Constantly not putting him in a position to even make it to TOPGUN, yet he still did it and got another RiO for that, the next one was better, but after Natasha no one could compare. They worked together far to well to be split up now, the higher ups could see that.

"I understand that completely." He agreed with Val and she smiled

"Me too." He agreed, he was feeling comfortable around her, strange. "Come on let's go sit down and join the others."

That all took his offer and sat around the pool table and watched the current grouping play. Bob looked over an noticed Val fiddling with a stack of rings on her dog tags. "Married?' He asked her, wondering when that had happened, last he heard she wasn't even in a relationship.

"How'd you know?" She looked at him sheepishly.

"That looks like an engagement ring and a wedding band. Definitely not two rings you got from Target." She laughed at his comment.

"You aren't wrong about that." Val nodded and put the dog tags back underneath her shirt.

"When did that happen?"

"Not too long after the uranium mission." She replied and looked on at the game of pool being played.

"Are you happy?"

"Incredibly." She looked over at him with the widest smile he had ever seen. She was truly in love, oh how he aspired to be in her position. It would come for him eventually.

If he ever got the courage.

"Please I could talk to her." Mickey protested and everyone was drawn into the conversation.

"No the fuck you couldn't. You have been crushing on the woman who owns the bakery down the street for months, literal months I tell you." Reuben shot back and Mickey feigned a gasp. "What was her name? Right Minerva."

"Oh my god, please tell me her nickname is Minnie. I swear to god if it isn't I'm calling blasphemy." Natasha leaned forward over the pool table.

"Yes." Mickey mumbled.