8.

Pedri was a genius and she wasn't mad about admitting it

From the moment her friends stepped inside the footballers house they were way too busy with Barcelona merchandise, videos, special stuff Pedri owned, the gifs he got them and also the one thing that Milla was also interested in, Fernando's incredible food. 

She was terrified to have them in the same place as Pedri, but from the first moment they stepped inside the house the footballer hasn't left her side and was touching her, either her hand or hugging her and pulling her close to his body, one look at her friends and showed her that they were totally buying it. They knew she wasn't one for PDA in front of other people, even if they were the other people. 

— I can't believe you were able to get miss cold heart here, I thought she was dying single — Benjamin said and received a pillow to his face while she got a curious look from Pedri

He quickly realized he didn't know a lot about the girl and that he actually wanted to. Maybe it would help him understand the sudden change in her behavior. 

— Oh yeah? Tell me more about that, cause trust me, it was a hard thing to get through her — The footballer said jokingly 

— Oh shut up, I'm not that bad — Mila tried to defend herself but all her friends just laughed making her roll her eyes 

— Mila babe, you know I always defend you but there's no way out of this one — Nanda said 

— Mila was terrible, a boy came near her and she was automatically leaving and without even caring to give an explanation to the poor guy — Mateo said chuckling at the annoyed face of the girl 

— Seriously, if it was one of those posh rich guys she was almost taking a knife to their throats, it was so funny to watch them talking about their business just because of her parents as if she cared — Manuel said laughing remembering the scene along with their friends 

The Gonzalez brothers were laughing imagining the scene while Pedri had an extra thought in his brain... He knew nothing about the girl if this was how she was. 

— Now it's the funny part, her hatred for footballers? Dude, you're going to be envied by a few. João Félix tried once and accepted defeat quickly — Thomas remembered 

— In my defense, footballers carry a reputation that I do not want to deal with, second of all, please, him and his girlfriend is the most on and off thing, I was not inserting myself in it footballer or not. — Camilla defended herself rolling her eyes 

— Thank God I don't play against him anymore then — Pedri said jokingly and she slapped his chest making him chuckle

It was weird. The two of them were good pretending this night, she knew she had to make sure her friends left his house believing in their lie, as bad as it was, but if Pedri could lie to his brother, she had no right in telling the truth to her friends and breaking the deal that it was made. 

However, it was needless to say that she had to push back all the hurt she was feeling with the footballer to the back of her mind. She didn't expect for this to turn out like one of those fanfictions she read in the past, but a friendship was what she hoped for, instead she got a fake boyfriend that thought the worst of her and couldn't wait to get rid of her. 

The worst part? Pedri didn't make an effort before and out of suddenly he's been the one starting the conversations and attempting to create a bond between them. Although it sound wonderful and a month back was exactly what she wanted, now it was not it, she knew he probably couldn't stand the awkward silence between them and was trying to end it. He didn't want a friendship with her. 

She was just another vain, rich, spoiled brat to him. 

— Ok, so I know Mila here loves her pasta, so I truly hope everyone here is the same or else I ruined dinner — Fernando said when everyone arrived at the table that he put together with the help of Mila, who refused to allow him to do on her own.

She also wanted a little bit of space from Pedri, her brain was betraying her with their proximity, much to her dismay. 

— I promise you, his food tops any restaurant we ever been at — She said filling her plate and seating at the seat next to the footballer who smiled at the interaction happening in front of him. 

It was a bunch of rich kids, her friend group, and obviously he was also a rich kid but not from birth like them. However, it was very eye opening for him to get to know them, if he saw them in the streets, he was hardly going to thing of them like it, they were normal.

What he saw was the same thing he saw when he was with their friends, a normal group of friends, privileged? Yes, but not the kind of people that were rude and underserving of it, it was like their money didn't matter, they didn't think they were a step or steps above anyone else. 

It had hit him. He knew he was wrong about parts of his thoughts about his fake girlfriend. 

Now he was almost sure he was wrong about everything. He had never given her a chance like she tried with him.

 And taking the last few days, he wasn't sure if she would allow him to fix it.