Ch.17: Bad and good news

The next day after the couple's first date, it was impossible for the class not to notice the big red ring on Sisipho's finger, or the brown and gold one ranging on Katsuki's neck

Mina immediately got to her cousin, dragging her to the other girls, all of them fangirling about it, asking for details and everything. Sisi gladly shared the whole meaning behind it with them, the girls melted hearing, surprised with the thoughtful act the so rude boy just had.

On the other side, the squad kept teasing Katsuki about it and soon the others boys got around to doing the same. All of them were amazed by his romantic act. In summary, it was a very chaotic day.

But not so chaotic as Katsuki's state of mind after a single message appeared on Sisi's phone, which left him frozen until nighttime.

‘We're home, let's have dinner together. Bring Katsuki so we can talk.’ — umama.

The boy stayed tense the whole class that day and Sisipho just kept dragging him around. Mandla's words sound so much more like a demand than an invite.

"My boo~ That's how my umama always texts me. Why would she be mad at you? This dinner together is scheduled since our license exam!"

"Yeah, with all squad together! Why did she only mention me?" he sighed, laying on his bed, both ready to go meet her parents.

"Maybe she only wants to see you now?! Mina and Kiri can be exhausting of dealing and my parents are tired from the trip."

"This is sus as fuck anyways..." rolling eyes, Sisi laid by his side.

"Are you still nervous?"

"Yeah, and I hate this shit!"

"Well... Then let's talk to them another time?!"

"Fucking no! I'm not going back from this. I'll talk to your parents, ask for the damn blessing, and finally end this tension!"

Full of conviction, Katsuki hold her hand and both got the lift to the ground floor, where Mr. Aizawa is waiting for them.

Since is a business day, only with authorization the students can go out from the dorms, as a form of protection. As the Ashido family called earlier and did the request, a cab is now waiting for them.

The way was silence from both sides, the teens are nervous about the unknown reaction. It would be way easier to just deal with the loud Bakugou family, but the mysterious Ashido couple is harder to decipher.

"My baby girl!" Orion hugged Sisipho hard right after opening the door to them. "I was so worried about you!"

"I'm fine, utata! How was your trip?" she missed this embrace so much, so Sisi stayed in it for a bit longer.

"A little tense, but we're fine too." his small smile didn't reach his eyes. He's hiding something, she just knows. "And how are you, Bakugou?"

"I'm fine, sir." he accepted the firm handshake of the man, that's shaking his head.