chapter twelve // saving

Courtney shoved me out of the way and scanned my room directly.

"That really sounded like someone else, not a video..." She muffled to no one particularly but herself. Shuffling in and looking out through each direction possible, she found no evidence except the thrown items.

Still, no matter all my efforts, she looked at me with doubt in her eyes. Then she sneered at me, "Can I check your contacts?" She replied with obvious ridicule.

Tossing my phone to her, she caught it perfectly then looked through my apps.

I smirked, "What do you think you'd find in my phone, a boyfriend of mine?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes, actually, There might be someone you haven't told any of the family about." She said seriously.

I wanted to tell her the truth so she wouldn't get the wrong idea, but then again she'd think i've completely lost my mind. I just had to keep acting for whoever knows how long.

Anxiety was still staying with me, as I feared that the person might come again. I just wanted to get rest and perhaps my hallucinations would come to an end.

My oldest sister was still on my phone, checking out my contacts and my recent calls. The only missed calls were mainly "Spam risk" or "Telemarketer" scam calls.

She sighed, finding nothing. I snatched my phone back then put it away. Courtney still looked at me with disbelief.

"I know you're not someone to usually lie, but mark my words, I believe there is more to this than 'I was watching a random video,' " Courtney declared to me loudly.

At the moment, I just wanted to fall down on my bed then sleep in until tomorrow evening.

Drunk of sleep, I replied, "Your choice what to believe, but what else do you think happened? I was watching a mere video, and if I can't change your mind, Oh well. I just want to get to sleep, usually I don't stay awake this long."

She stared at me questioning my long paragraph, since I never really say long sentences unless it's an emergency.

Keenly she spied around the room once more, then stalked out afterwards. I locked the door once again drowsily.

I flopped on the bed, barely having enough strength to pull the bed sheet over me. As I yawned, I had a few thoughts but shrugged them all away for now. I just needed some rest, then I'd think about my problems in the morning. In a matter of minutes, My body and eyes just dozed off.

Around the corner of mist and fog, I felt watching eyes. Where was I? My stomach felt like I had swallowed butterflies, which I never did.

I stumbled through the dark misty night, hearing rustling leaves behind me. The sound sent a shiver up my spine.

Then before my eyes a weird looking animal shuffled out of the bushes, it seemed like a rabbit and goat mixed together. Growing conscious, I must be in a dream.

Well, it was a dream alright. But maybe my mind was trying to predict something.

I heard a growl, or actually multiple growls behind me. Slowly I turned around to face it- A starving pack of wolves..

Then I suddenly remembered this was a mere hallucination, so I thought of trying to make them react.

I stuck out my tongue at them, shooting an attempt to make them more angry. Snarling, the hungry animals straightened their backs and stalked closer and closer to me. I showed no sign of fear, since I was convinced this was a dream.

The slender being appeared behind me suddenly, I could feel its presence behind me. No way would I go near it. Suddenly, it let out a free hand toward me. What did it think I would do, follow it? No way.

A wolf pounced on me, clawing my skin. The pain injected like a bullet, so sudden. I could feel the blood dripping from my very own leg.. Why was it so painful? It's just a dream..

More rabid animals started going closer, ready to gnaw on my neck. I had no idea what to do.

Either I would be gnawed on my carotid vein, or take its hand. I think that the other way is safer, So I hastily turned back, I took a quick glance at the silhouette, then took its hand.. It pulled me closer to it. I closed my eyes, feeling fear rise inside of me rapidly. What to expect that will happen, I'm not entirely sure.

The pain shooted like darts in my leg, I felt like I was having severe blood loss. I opened my eyes, noticing I was no longer near a hungry pack of wolves.

I was awake, in my bed, having blood drip down my leg. How on earth did this happen?

There was nobody in the room but myself. The mark just appeared somehow.

Confused and a bit of disbelief that a dream could be so powerful, how would even a dream be capable of making hallucinations come to life frightens me.

Grabbing a spare black shirt, I wrapped the dark piece of clothing around my spurting leg, then knotted it tightly.

Alright, now that the wound is taken cared of for now, I needed to know how this happened.

So apparently, the strange... silhouette appeared once again, and that was how I escaped the dream world?

But then that would mean it's not around to harm me. That doesn't make sense for sure. I may not know its true intentions, but i'm positive it wouldn't be that.

Silently I winced from the pain, Figuring I should put on new pants. I didn't want anyone asking where the wound came from, Since I genuinely try not to lie as much as possible, but recently that's all I've ever done.

I sighed. All I wanted now is for this disaster to end.