chapter 11 // follow you

I felt disturbed. Maybe the reason the person followed me still to this day was because of my first mistake- I walked away. This girl, Cecilia, just walked in confused. She didn't flee or even feared the situation, she leaned on confusion.

My eyes started to slowly droop down, I patted myself then deleted all my search history. Drowsily, I stumbled to my bed and laid down, shoving my face on the pillow with a tired action. I drifted in and out of sleep for the first few minutes, then just kept my eyes glued together, too fatigued to open them.

But as I went further to almost asleep, I felt something touch my cheek.

Sensing it run its fingers down my face then taking it off again, it made me not want to open my eyes. I didn't want to face it.. I guess it was here to slaughter me. I could not interpret why it did not do so earlier.

Nothing happened. I didn't feel some hand with slight claws trying to suffocate me, neither did I feel any pain. I waited for a few more minutes, but still nothing changed.

I just laid there, not moving a muscle and tried not to change my breathing pattern. The only best thing to do was just pretend that I was sleeping, but I doubt I could fool it.

Even closer, I felt that it was right next to me, maybe sitting on the edge of the bed. I feared what it was going to do to me, but it was no use now. I was like a butterfly that had already fallen directly in a venus fly trap plant.

Trying to identify which edge of the bed it was at the moment, I was sure it knew I was awake since I moved quite a bit no matter how hard I tried to stay calm.

I couldn't sleep- and I was hungry too. I stopped feeling its presence after a few minutes, so I decided to open my eyes. Luckily, it was no longer there.

Quietly I tried not to drag my shoes out of the door. I almost jammed it but I told myself I should be patient so I wouldn't awaken anyone. Cautiously peering out my bedroom door, I take a risk to go outside of it. 

The house was silent, I could hear cars passing outside though. I arrived at the kitchen and opened one of the cabinets slowly. Nothing I could eat.

I opened the fridge and found nothing to eat for a snack. I peered around and noticed the snacks were literally on top of the counter. I would give myself a facepalm right there, but I wanted to quickly get back in bed that seemed like the only comfort area- my safe zone as long as I was under the sheets.

Although, if a fire started it would be absolutely brainless of me to stay under the sheets, thinking I would be sooo safe under it.

I grabbed a plain bread then started chewing on it. My only goal at the moment was to finish up the bread, head straight back to my room, then try to assure myself the rest of the night will be fine.

The walls seemed like they were closing in on me, making a sudden spark of uneasiness to surge through me, as if it hit me right in my lungs with an arrow. I needed to get more sleep, now I was being delusional about my surroundings.

The cold room felt like there was no heater at all, but I was pretty sure it was on. I hastily tried to finish my bread as fast as possible, but despite all my efforts I was always slow at eating.

Soon enough the presence of somebody else returned. My gut told me that someone else was in the room, and I was quite sure what it was.

I wondered deep down, When would it leave me alone? Might have been a week or so, but I still didn't like it around.