chapter nine // slenderman

But if I wanted to put an end to all of this mess.. Maybe, just maybe..

All the problems would end if I went back into that Northern Mangold Rangers station and explore more in that place.

This time, I don't think I want to go alone. Perhaps I could ask some of my classmates since they might have some free time? Although, I don't think I want to interact with people..

I gulped down a lump in my throat. "Then again, If I wanted to put an end to this.." Slowly I paused, then gripped my legs more tightly, since the air seemed to be frigid than ever.

My eyes locked in front of me, just staring into the blank space. I was stuck on what to do.

I knew that no one in their right mind would go here, so I was safe from meeting any other people. People who would see the hazard sign wouldn't come in.

Then suddenly I stopped. What was I thinking? I walked in a place that had huge yellow tapes covering the entrance so no one could see inside, and it said "Crime scene" on the sign that I entered through. There had to be a reason it had those tapes..

With haste, I scrambled up. I didn't want to go out of this area. I don't want to face my parents, or in fact, anybody anytime soon.

I noticed a scratch on my arm, and it was bleeding. I quickly grabbed a bit of my clothing then put pressure on the wound. It wouldn't bleed enough to kill me, but I wanted to make it stop faster.

I let out a sigh, Here I am, a dumb person who is literally in a crime scene place that completely ignored the signs. Being more curious and breaking all my standards, the urge to explore the area grew in me.

I argued with my mind and myself, as if I wasn't one person. If someone saw what I was doing I'd be stared at intently, and probably they'd think I've lost my sanity.

Subconsciously, I started walking deeper into the hallway, not noticing the chills crawling up my spine from the icy air. I only started noticing that I was walking, when I stopped thinking for a little bit.

I grew alert with my surroundings, since I just walked deeper into the crime scene.

I had to get back, and quickly. I swiftly tried to get back to the entrance, but the further I went the more things seemed unfamiliar.

Hastily I sprinted hallway after hallway, but it was no use. I was uncertain which direction I came from. Eventually, after passing about eight unfamiliar hallways, I found one that led to three different entrances.

I had a choice, the one in the right direction that had a bright but outdated light, with a gloomy vibe to it. Or, the one in the left. The running candles made me wonder why the wax hasn't melted, and who kept the candles burning?

It seemed like the most outdated section in the hospital.

Or, the one ahead of me. It had no light whatsoever, but I could tell it was much colder than the other pathways, the wind blowing gently on my face. 

There was a strong stench in the left hallway, as if there were dead remains in there. It was more safe to go to either the right or the path ahead of me than going to the sickening smell.

Most likely I would find another disheartening scene if I went to the left..

Slowly my eyes turned ahead of me. There was no light in the pathway ahead, not a lightbulb or a single flame. But my guts told me I should go through that one.