Kind of overslept a little

Song playing in the background

Zill awakened from his bed noticing his music player playing in the background which wasn't surprising to him as he left it on the whole night while asleep. He got up from his bed to stretch out his legs and arms, overhearing notifications come his phone as he proceeded to grab it after stretching. Taking a look revealed multiple texts from Kayla saying call me which Zill did holding the phone up to his ear.

"Hey Kayla" He said, "Hey Zill, how's it going?" Kayla replied "it's going fine, sorry I didn't answer your texts. I kind of overslept a little and knowing me I'm not the greatest at getting up in the morning" Zill said while grabbing some clothes. He picked up some jeans, a white shirt, black shoes and his personal black leather jacket that has the name Valafar on the front and a symbol of two snakes on the back.

"Still thinking about what Spam said about that kid Last night?" Kayla asked, clipping her nails while talking to him. "Nah... well kind of, to me it's just confusing, I don't know if I should believe him or not, do you really think that kid could have... seen something when he was up there?" Zill asked. "I wouldn't look too much into it Zill, trying to comprehend it would just leave you with a headache, besides I don't want you to be stressed out during music class especially with me there" She told him which made him smile in response. "You're right, anyway I gonna get a shower. See you at school?" Zill wondered. "Don't worry I will" She replied as Zill hung up and jumped into the shower.

An hour went by as Zill finished putting on his shoes as he turned off the music and began walking down stairs to greet Jack and his mother who were making breakfast in the other
room."How's it going your two? Such a lovely day today" Zill announced taking a seat in one of the chairs. "You overslept again, didn't you?" Jack's Mom said, which made Zill froze up. "Oh....."

"Zill?!" "What! I told Jack I was going to stay a bit longer for the party, what's wrong with that?" Zill asked. "You know better not to stay late, you told me you were coming home early because you wanted to be prepared for music class as your planning on getting the lead role this year" Jack's Mom told him. "Well I did, I came home an hour early from the party" Zill replied. "That's not the point Zill, also why are you wearing your father's jacket? The note said to not wear it and put it on display" Jack's Mom explained.

"Did you really think I was going to listen to that? Besides knowing my dad he probably wanted me to wear it anyways" Zill told her as She grabbed two plates from the kitchen counter. "Here I made you two breakfast before you two head out for school and please don't be late, the keys are on the table next to the door" Jack's Mom said, placing down two plates on the table. She made them some bacon and eggs, hash browns, biscuits with gravy, and some homemade hot coffee with whipped cream and sprinkles put on top made specifically for Zill.

"Oh I'm so taking this with me" Zill got up from his seat to grab some containers from the kitchen cabinet and put his breakfast in separate ones "I can eat this as a snack during class" Jack watched while eating his as Zill placed the containers in his backpack zipping it back up after he was done. Finally he sat back down afterwards noticing that Jackson finished his in the time span.

"you ready to get going dude? Mrs.Valdez wants to speak with me for some reason before class" Zill asked. "Yeah I guess so um... who's driving though?" Jack wondered. "I mean..." Zill started to grow a smile. "Oh you better not!" Jack yelled.

Song playing in the car

Jack and Zill were inside a car as it drove off heading to Zoo Phoenix Academy while Zill was sitting listening to some music on the radio.
"Rousing from dreams, craving for someone, Wept himself to sleep, He's waiting for a sign from above" Zill starts singing. "Where is the love" "The hourglass in pieces, dashed to the wall, The future is over" "Tomorrow's been slipping away" "And nothing remains!!" He continued while Jack was driving, being annoyed that Zill turned the music all the way up. "He'd know it won't last forever, She'd go ahead for a while!!" "When you open your eyes! When you gaze at the sky! When you look to the stars! As they shut down the night! You know... the story ain't over!" Zill continued more.

"Do you have to sing while listening to it?!" Jack asked. "Hey I gotta get my vocals right, it is music class after all" Zill replied. "Sure..." Jack said before noticing they're at their destination. Jack then "thank goodness we're here" Jack parked the car in the school's parking lot, getting out from some fresh air. Zill did the same but also grabbed his backpack from the back seat on the way out but as he got out he noticed that Jack parked next to a familiar vehicle then he wondered "Jack isn't that, that one kid's car?" Zill asked.

"Luke? Yeah that's his car, He has to come to school early because from what I heard he's in that college class or something, wouldn't surprise me if he's already in music class by now" Jack explained. "Dang he does college classes? I'm intrigued" Zill replied. "if you were someone that's expecting to find a good career opportunity in this world, it would be a considerable investment to take as well no matter how hard it might be. You think Kayla might do it?" Jack asked.

"No clue, I was talking to her earlier about what Spam said and that's about it, if she wants to do it I'm not stopping her. She deserves it more than anyone else including me considering I don't see myself investing a lot of time into that kind of lifestyle" Zill explained. "And that's why she loves you, you support her no matter what. How about we talk about this at Spam's house later ok? Come on, let's get to music class , you have a teacher to talk too" Jack commented as they went through the front door of the school.