Pritika came near her daughter's bed and sat on it. She leaned toward her daughter's body and caressed her head while speaking to her with a very gentle voice " wake up, honey. Your dad has to go to the office after that. He has a very important meeting today."

Ada's beautiful eyes snapped open and she  replied with hopeful eyes -" Then we can cancel the appointment today!"

Her blue eyes are the most beautiful part of her body. Actually, she is the epitome of beauty. She is even more beautiful than her mother, Pritika and her late maternal grandmother, Kritika. Her beauty can mesmerise anyone. She is a living angel on earth not only just by her looks but also by her behaviour. She always makes everyone happy. 

Pritika was feeling a little bad hearing her daughter's reply. She always feels bad that her daughter has to suffer so much. Ada was talking about cancelling the doctor's appointment.

Every three months she has to go to the doctor for a check-up. She has asthma and also her heart condition is not very good. According to doctors, her survival was a miracle. When almost every doctor had given up hope, she survived. But the more she grew up the more she became weak. Her asthma condition became very severe. 

Once during her childhood when she used to go to school, she became so ill from playing in the field that she had to be admitted to a hospital. From then on her family arranged homeschooling for her. 

In their house, there is a group of maids whose work is to make sure to clean every household item in their house every hour. Every family member always takes every precaution to not trigger Ada's asthma. They have seen how much their dear Ada suffers if she gets an asthma attack. 

PRITIKA :  Honey, it has been so many years since you started this routine check-up. You are still behaving like a child! 

" I hate visiting doctors and going to hospitals. I hate every medical personnel." - Ada replied with a pout. She laid her head in her mother's lap and signalled her to continue the caressing. 

" Oh really! You hate every medical personnel? Then what about your bua(aunt), uncle and bua dadi? They are also doctors! Don't behave like a child.  Get up and get ready fast. Your dad got ready a long time ago. He has been waiting for you. Hurry up, Ada." - Pritika tried to speak with her with a strict voice but it was difficult for her to be strict with her daughter. Ada is always very lovely and obedient. Sometimes she becomes a little naughty but that is not a big problem. Only during the time of her visit to the hospital, she shows little tantrums. Otherwise, she never shows any tantrums about anything. 

"I don't need to behave like a child. I am already a child, aren't I?" - Ada replied, imitating a baby voice acting like a child. 

" Yeah! Yeah, of course, a 24-year-old adult is now calling herself a child! Then what will your youngest cousin say?" - Pritika replied with sarcasm while rolling her eyes at her daughter's acting. 

"He hasn't been born yet. He is still under process. Hahaha!" - Ada laughed at her own jokes.

The corner of Pritika's lips also curved to form a smile but she controlled her smile and again urged her daughter to wake up with a stoic face. 

But Ada had no plan of waking up. She was trying to delay as much as possible so that as a result the appointment gets cancelled today and she wouldn't have to go to the hospital. She knew very well if not today then another day she has to visit the doctor. But still, she just wanted to delay it. 

ADA : Mom, do you even understand the inner meaning of what I said? 

PRITIKA : I don't want to understand any inner or outer meaning of your words. You just get up fast. Now, do I have to beat my 24-year-old daughter? 

"Do you really have the heart to beat this innocent, beautiful daughter of yours?" - Ada replied, making an innocent face like a child. 

Pritika was about to say something but she got interrupted by the voice coming from the entrance of Ada's room.

" Look, Rik, we have come back winning a war and this lazy lass is still in bed."

**********

Hope you all will love this story as much as you love "Warm Embrace of her husband."