Evan tilted his head as his eyebrow raised. "Dude." He paused. "Get your fucking arse over here."

Ace slowly walked over to Oakley's side as he gently placed a hand on her back.

"You figured out what dick shot me yet?" Evan asked as he looked between his sister and boyfriend.

Oakley and Diego's heads shot up as their eyes locked.

"Why does that look like a good sign?" Ace mumbled as he stared between the two.

"I think they got something." Evan mumbled in response.

Yet their comments were answered by the pair of detectives quickly going to rush out the room.

"Hey!" Ace shouted, stopping them just as they reached the door.

Instantly the pair turned to face them.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Ace gestured to himself and Evan.

Diego and Oakley exchanged a quick look before they rushed back. Diego's lips met with Evan's as Oakley's quickly met with Ace's.

Yet their kisses lasted a second before the detectives raced out the room, leaving Ace and Evan sighing.

"Not bad kid." Evan mumbled.

Ace nodded. "Learnt from the best."

The pair shared a small smile.

"Don't suppose you got anything to eat?" Evan asked as he continued to look up at him. "Hospital food really fucking sucks."

*****

"This feels so fucking wrong." Ashton mumbled as he quietly followed Oakley and Diego.

"Does he always talk this much breaking in somewhere?" Oakley mumbled as she continued to pick the lock of the back door.

Diego nodded. "Think he's got some kind of nervous disposition."

"I'm right here!" Ashton fired out gesturing to himself.

"Believe me," Oakley groaned. "We know."

Before Ashton could retaliate, the door opened and Oakley went in first.

Her gun held tight in her hands as she snuck into the kitchen, Diego hot on her heels with Ashton in tow.

"I mean, breaking into Jasper's house?" Ashton whispered. "Tolerable but this? This is the Cap's house!"

Diego and Oakley shushed him in sync as they continued walking further.

All three held their guns tightly as they went along the hallway. The sound of the TV on in the living room, caused their backs to get pressed against the wall.

Ashton watched as Diego and Oakley seemed to communicate through hand signals and facial expressions alone.

They really were a powerful pair.

As he saw Diego's hand count down from three, he knew it was go time.

As Diego's hand formed a fist, he watched as the pair dove in the room.