Chapter One

Lyanna Targaryen was a young beautiful girl the only daughter of Princess Katherine and Sir Jasper while they had many sons, the free spirit daughter was a trouble making something which both parents enjoyed. Each day Lyanna would watch her cousins fight in the court yard wishing she could join instead she had a lesson with a stupid piece of fruit, she looked over and saw Cousins Aegon and Aemond fighting with the swore men, Aegon was to be King while Aemond was the spare. Their parents announced the marriage last night which made Lyanna feel angry that she had no say.

She looked outside and saw how humid it was, how the sweat dripped off their bodies and even with a small breeze, the air remained hot and thick she even noticed how the wind seemed to stop.

Lyanna watched some more before turning her attention to the black board, "May I go for a walk please?" the teacher nodded and she walked outside right in the court yard unintendedly on purpose when she saw Aegon. Truthfully, she knew they had no love in their marriage and he would show that time and time again, Aegon was handsome short blonde hair while his brother had dark dirty blonde hair although their eyes were bright green like the meadow. Aemond more her type though, although he is two years older than her.

They all stopped when they saw her coming causing her to feel like she had developed a horn on her head, Aemond smirked as he whipped the sweat off his face, "Want to have a go, Princess?" the way he said it caused a blush on her cheeks to appear.

Aegon hissed at him "Don't be ridiculous,"

"Scared she will beat you?" Aemond mocked his older brother, "Or is it because she is a girl?"

Lyanna narrowed her eyes at them and took the sword off her brother who pretended to fight for it, the sword was heavier than she imagined she smiled when Aegon sparred with it. They were having fun until he cut her hand, "Shit," Aemond said running over to him, "I am so sorry," Aegon added when she laughed.

"It is fine Cousins do not worry. Just a scratch," Aemond looked concerned for a moment until he realised, I was fine, "Should scab over,"

"It will don't worry," Lyanna smiled at him unknown to her that Aemond had loved her in secret for years since they were small children running around the court yard together, he wanted to involve her in everything and he was devasted when they announced the wedding to his brother, he even thought about kidnapping her but stopped himself knowing that this would cause a war.

Their Aunt, Princess Iris came through and unimpressed when she saw the blood on her niece's dress, she pointed her narrow little finger indicating it was time out. Lyanna smiled at her as she excused herself while rolling her eyes causing both brothers to smile. As she walked off, Aegon watched her and sighed, he knew the truth his brother loved her and he knew the truth that he also loved her but not in the same way as Aemond, he respected her but he knew from an early age he could not give her the one thing she desired, a baby due to an illness he caught from some whore.

"You can do what you want with her but remember she will come home to me," he said to his brother.

Aemond looked at him not bothered by his comment, "We will both know she will bear my children,"

"She can bear many and I will take them on as my heirs, however you must keep your heart closed."

Aemond smacked him on the back, "Don't tell me who to love."

Inside the castle Aunt Iris slapped her on the head which was gentle but she was always dramatic, Lyanna watched them talk she knew it was about her she just had a feeling or maybe she was paranoid, "I wish I could marry Aemond,"

Iris looked at her in surprise almost as if this conversation caught her off guard, "I know sweet girl I know." She said as an older guard walked past us causing both Iris and him to look at each other, "I can tell you a story of how I loved someone below my station tried to run away and nearly caused a war but that's another tale."

Later that night she headed down to the stable to see her horse Snowy, the horse was beautiful long white heir with attractive black coat it was one of the best without a doubt. Tomorrow would her marriage with Aegon, she felt nervous unable to sleep they haven't talked about. She heard a cough and looked behind her when she saw Aegon. She smiled at him, "Can't sleep either?"

"I am nervous about the- "Lyanna felt embarrassed to admit this "Well the bedding aspect." Aegon nodded understanding when he walked up to her, before she could register what was happening, he kissed her and she responded when he picked her up and pushed her against the wall kissing her harder than she thought he would. It was full of passion and lust it felt like a dream. He threw her on the hay and moved opened her legs before she could speak, he slammed himself into her, she grabbed hold of him as he hurt her moving in and out, he could tell he was hurting her he wanted to slow down and tried to but found it hard. He let go off his releases as he looked down and saw a tear in her eyes.

She tried to smile but it was forced, "Hopefully, we will have a child."

"It will never happen with me and I accepted that so you should as well, don't worry any children you bear I will raise as my own." Lyanna looked confused she had no idea what he meant but accepted.

She gave a brief smile, "I don't want to be unfaithful. We will have a child together the gods will grant us our joy!"

Aegon in that moment looked at her adorable nature like she was the cutest puppy he ever saw, he found himself wishing for that moment it was true but all the doctors confirmed it and they all accepted it, "I am sorry if I was too rough with you just now, it won't happen again. Tomorrow we will be married and we will be happy."

"Will you take a mistress?"

He looked stressed for a moment before nodding, "Yes Lyanna, this is not a marriage of love. We have a marriage of friendship instead that is the best form of a relationship. You will become my best friend; I truly need that."

Lyanna wanted to cry at the thought of him being unfaithful to her but she knew the truth he did not love her although she felt confused, "I am no longer a virgin," she started to panic when he took her hand.

"It does not matter; I know you was a virgin and our passion led us here. Now, let's go to bed we have a big day tomorrow."

As Aegon walked away she sighed, "Aegon if you need a best friend, I am there for you however if you want to be more, please let me know." She headed to her room when she saw Aemond, he stopped when he saw her noticing her clothes were messed up, his jaw clenched with anger as he slammed his door. Lyanna wanted to run after him but knew it was no good.