Chapter 3: The Calm Before The Storm

Trudging up the stairs to their dorms, Team Beta was feeling at their lowest.

"What's the point of Team Beta anyways?" sighed Suho, dragging his foot along the gravel.

Jiyeon slammed the door open and proceeded to yeet herself onto a beanbag. The team was exhausted, and was ready to call it a night.

Of course life has its ways.

Their phones buzzed in sync, signaling a message or urgent matter. But alas, it was too late. All of team beta was fast asleep, deep in slumber, oblivious to the world around them.

-

It was the crack of dawn as Jiyeon stretched, yawned and went downstairs for an early run. It was until noon when the rest of team beta awoke. Jiyeon, being a complete mother hen when it comes to their dorms, was all dressed, face without a wink of tiredness and breakfast prepared on the table.

"Seriously, Jiyeon, how do you do that?" Groaned Suho, the resident night owl.

"Good morning to you too Mr. Emo," Jiyeon replied, holding a piece of toast between her lips and tying her hair.

Wangja yawned, complaining it was too early, whilst Nari retorted with a "Then you might as well sleep for the rest of the day" ripping open a packet of candy and popping one in her mouth. He grabbed the remote from Suho's hand, earning him an angry growl and turned the tv channel to the news.

"Apparently there was an incident last night," Jiyeon reported, pouring herself a cup of water.

Nari shushed them, gripping her coffee cup, intent on watching the tv.

"Last night's top story, members of the group Obsidian were seen on the rooftop of the president's penthouse attacking Team Delta. It is unsure of what the outcome of this battle was but there have been sightings of approximately 4 ambulances at the site. More on this later as we move on to a bridge collapse in....."

Jiyeon, who was listening to the news report, grabbed her phone and searched up what this "top story" was. Everyone was on the edge of their seat, staring at Jiyeon, curiosity growing by the second. The silence was cut through with a sharp gasp from the phone holder, eyes going wide, brain trying to work out what she was reading.

Suho, the ever impatient one, snapped, shouting out "BRO OUT WITH IT,"

But no one was listening to Suho anymore. Everyone was staring at the tv once again, eyes wide with horror, as the camera zoomed in on 4 body bags, each labeled with each corpse's names.