Chapter 9

Immediately after ending the conversation Jay, Erin, and Riley headed out of the district and back to their home. On the drive back Jay had called Will and asked him "would he like to go to the cabin with him and his girls?". Will had just recently broken off his relationship with Natalie, so he needed an escape for reality.

"Hey babe, Will said he's gonna join us at the cabin."

"That's good babe!"

"Er, what's wrong?"

"I left my entire family, I cut a deal for her, my daughter grew up without her father. I wasn't allowed to even talk to you and the team. I gave up everything, just for her to put a hit out on me! I've tried to do right by her and this is what I get?"

"I know babe, you don't deserve this. Bunny will aways be bunny, she wants you to be the one that sacrifices everything for her. Not anymore babe, we have to think about our family now. So what ever happens to her is her own fault, there's no need to save her this time. When you cut that deal for her that was the last time, now she has to learn to swim on her own. You are my wife, and I'm stepping in to protect you! I will not allow her to hurt you anymore!"

"I've always thought that if I could just save her, then for once in her life she would treat me like her daughter. I thought she was suppose to protect me not the other way around."

"Mothers are suppose to protect their kids, and teach them the values of life. I know bunny didn't teach you that, but I know Camille did."

"You know when I found out I was pregnant with Riley, I panicked all the time. I was always afraid of becoming bunny. It was even worse in the beginning with the postpartum depression taking over, I was losing it. Then Olivia came in and pulled me out, I just wanted a motherly figure there to help me and that's what I got. I had Camille, and then I got Olivia, they showed me that I didn't need bunny anymore".

"Just from watching you with Riley, I know you're an amazing mom, and I couldn't be more proud of you. You overcame some of the most challenging obstacles that most people would've given up on. That's why you Erin Halstead, are different from everyone else. You've had to fight your entire life, now you get to look back at the amazing women, mother, and wife you are. I don't say it enough, but I love you so much for being you!"

"I love you too! That's why I decided there will not be any deals made with bunny, she will rot in her cell. I can't take the risk of her coming after me especially with the kids. She chose this life, now she has to take responsibility."

"I'll let Hank know, and I know this is hard but you have me to lean on. I will help you through this."

"For better, or for worse!"

"Till death do us part!"

"We're the cheesy couple Er!"

"That's who we are, now back to Will?"

"Apparently him and Natalie split up last week"

"Wow, I did not see that coming!"

"I mean....I liked Natalie for him but I always felt like she always made him look like a lost puppy."

"What do you mean?"

"He's been in love with her for years, and she finally gave in just for him to go into witness protection. Then to come out and try to start up again but then she had an accident. She lost her memory and fell in love with a patient."

"Woahhh, I definitely missed a lot, what happened with the patient?"

"Dr.Crockett told her the night of her accident the patient slipped a ring on her finger and said that he proposed. When she got her memory back, she remembered she was going tell Will that she wanted to be with him. Will realized that he got tired of chasing her, so when she tried to apologize for everything, Will told her he was tired of chasing her, and that he had finally moved on."