Chapter 7

"We need to talk?"

Erin looked over that line possibly 30 times, she had no idea what Kim could possibly want. So she quickly typed back, "is it something important?" She placed the phone back down and continued to strike the back of Jay's neck. Her phone dinged again, she saw the message in all caps "VERY IMPORTANT". She turned and looked at Jay, he was completely into the movie. She got up and started walking to the bedroom, that's when Jay realized she had gotten up. Erin walked into the room and took a deep breath before calling the number.

"Hello!"

"Hey!"

"What's up!"

"You tell me!"

"Tell you what?"

"Er, I saw it!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Okay, so that means no one knows yet. Is that why you're going back to New York?"

"We're going back to New York because Jay, felt it's the best move for our family."

"Er you know your family being here will be safe too!"

"I'm not sure if I can get transferred here. I told Jay I wouldn't mind coming back, but we have a life there. Our kids are the most important part in all of that!"

"I knew it, you are!!"

"Huhh, What are you talking about?"

"I thought it was just you talking about the future, but you're not. You said kids, as in plural!!"

"I told Jay you were a good detective."

"I knew it!"

"I will not confirm or deny anything!"

"Aww I'm so happy for you both, now i understand why he want to stay in New York."

"We want to put our kids first."

"Now I understand, I won't push the matter anymore."

"Thank you!

"That's what family is for, get some rest!"

"Well I'm going to go back out and enjoy my Disney Princess with my princess and Prince Charming. I love you Kimberly!"

"I love you too Er, kiss my beautiful niece for me!"

"I will!, goodnight!"

Erin walked back into the living to see Riley curled up on Jay's while he's rubbing her back. Jay looks over the couch and spot Erin staring at him.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect, let's put our princess to bed and we can go get in our bed."

"She's sleeping so peacefully though!"

"Okay, I just assumed we could've got a happily ever after!"

"I'm bring her to her room right now, meet you in the bedroom!"

Jay wrapped his precious little girl up in his arms and brought her to the second bedroom of the hotel room. It didn't take them long to go a few rounds. After their blissful time, Erin just laid in jays arms.

"I'm so happy you came to New York!"

"Best decision I ever made. Babe you've always been my world, and I would've searched the earth till I found you!"

"Kim knows!"

"How?"

"We casually kept implying kids, and she saw."

"So do you want to tell them?"

"Well I asked her not to talk about it, and she promised not to. I do know we need to discuss what we are going to do. Do we stay in Chicago or go back. We're following you babe."

"But your job is in New York, you and Riley have a life there. I don't want you to comeback here and not have a job."

"I spoke to my office, if I want to I can transfer here and run my own team. So the balls in your court, I don't mind coming home especially since I'm coming home to you!"

"I can't wait, but I definitely didn't like the way the team was disrespecting you. They're your fault and that was selfish."

"I understand why they were mad, and they have that right. I didn't like it but I deserved it."

"No you didn't, they didn't have to voice it either."

"I agree but it's okay, I still love them though."

"I know they love you to, so are we staying?"

"I'm okay staying here, but if we're staying we have to look for us a house. I don't think us and 2 kids in a small apartment will fit."

"Hey, my apartment is huge! Also I agree with you, I want to start completely fresh. So, new house, new baby, and new job!"

"It's been six years since I've been back here, I think we should lay down our roots here. Don't get me wrong babe, I love it in New York but this is family. So I say we stay and I transfer here. It'll be different being in the same state but different agencies."

"It'll be like when you went to the task force."

"This time no breaks and no running, we said till death do us part."

"Chicago it is, but we gotta talk to Hank. I know we wanted to wait and tell him but I don't want to lie to him either. You know he'll be hurt if we don't say anything."

"I agree, he was pissed when I told him about being pregnant with Riley. I don't need him even more pissed at me. How about me and Riley head into work with you tomorrow, and we can tell him before everyone."

"That's fine with me, but babe I'm so sorry!"

"Sorry about what?"

"Our little cubbie is craving some chicken nuggets and ice cream."

"What my baby wants, my baby will get. I'll be back in 20 minutes, try not to fall asleep again."

"I promise I want, I'm also hungry for something else so hurry back."

"You're going to be the death of me babe."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's no problem, I'll be right back!"

Jay left and headed out to the local McDonald's, for some reason Erin only likes the ice cream and chicken nuggets here. He ordered a 20 piece nuggets and ask the server to put the ice cream in a large cup. He knows Erin will have no problem finishing it. As he's gathering up her food, he spots a very familiar face in the corner. He turned around a little more until he could see their face. He quickly turned around and grabbed his food and left. He knew if they recognized him, only trouble would find him. He left and headed to his car, hoping and praying they didn't see him. When he arrived back at the hotel Erin was lounging on the couch in the living room rubbing her bump.

"How's baby doing?"

"Me or our cubbie?"

"Both."

"We're hungry, and miss you. Come sit down and eat chicken nuggets with me."

"Your going to make me lose my abs."

"You're the sexiest dad out there, even if you were to get a dad bud. I know I'd still love you."

Jay could only smile before joining her on the couch. Tomorrow problems were for tomorrow, today they're their just going to live in the moment.