Part 8

It didn't take long for tomorrow's problems to arise. When Jay went into work the next day, he was now confident he saw her. She stood at the front desk yelling at Trudy, she looked pissed and scared. The thought quickly crossed Jay's mind, something was wrong."

"Morning serge!"

"Morning detective chuckles!"

"Are you okay here?"

"Yes, Anne was actually here looking for you and Hank. She wants to know where Erin is?"

"I thought Erin was in New York?"

"Oh don't play that crap with me Jay, I know she's in Chicago."

"I haven't seen her then!"

"I know Hank has seen her, she always run back to him."

"Anne, what are you doing at my station?"

"Where is she Hank?"

"Who?"

"Where's Erin?"

"She's living her best life in New York."

"I know she's not in New York, she's here!"

"How would you know that?"

"Someone put a hit out on her head, and the location is Chicago!"

"Wait what?"

"They want her dead Hank!"

"Who wants her dead?"

"Bunny, I saw her recently and she was pissed cause the feds were coming after her again."

"What did she do?"

"Bunny said something about Erin leaving, the deal is off and they have new charges. Erin was keeping them from going after her."

"Thank you for letting me know, how much is the bounty?"

"150k, I've never know her to have that much money so someone has to be backing her hit. You know Erin is like a sister to me, so I don't want her getting hurt!"

"I agree, I'll reach out to her in New York and let her know."

"I know she's here, tell her I want to see her before she goes back!"

"I'll call and tell, but you tell bunny if a hair on Erin's head becomes out of place I'll kill her!"

Jay, Trudy and Hank heads back upstairs. The team could clearly see the pissed look on both Jay and Hanks face. That mean something is going on or something happened with Erin.

"What's wrong with Erin?"

"How did you know?"

"Both you and the boss have the same pissed look, so that means it has to involve Erin."

"Bunny put a hit out on Erin, Anne said 150k."

"What the fuck, why is she doing this?"

"Anne said the deal Erin took, is no longer valid since she left. Anne said she also has new charges against her."

"What are we going to do?"

"I'm going to head home, I don't want Erin her to be a lone. Bunny knows enough people to get to her."

"Jay I want you and Erin to stay in the city, stay away from the district and your house to avoid being in familiar spots. I don't want her being able to follow back to her."

"She should be on her way here, she wanted to speak to you!"

"What is this about?"

"She just texted that she's downstairs, let me go grab her and I'll be back up."

Jay headed down the stairs and walked outside the precinct to see Erin helping Riley out of the car. He quickly walked across the street to them, knowing that is not safe outside. Erin was met with a panicking Jay, and that was something she wasn't use to.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"It's best if we hurry up and get inside."

"Should I be worried?"

"Short yes, We need to talk to Hank!"

Jay, Erin and Riley made their way into the precinct and upstairs. Erin saw the grim look on everyone's face and she knew something was definitely wrong.

"Erin, Riley it's good to see you both!"

"Hank, what's going on?"

"You, Jay, and Riley here will be going on a little vacation."

"What are you not telling me?"

"Someone but a bounty on your head!"

"Me, who put a bounty on my head? Do you have any leads?"

"Erin, it was bunny....your mom put the bounty out on you."

"I haven't seen my mom in over 6 years, why would she put a bounty on my head?"

"When you decided to leave the FBI, they started pursuing her again. They said they have new charges against her."

"I threw my life away for her, and this is how I'm repaid.... How much is the bounty?"

"Er.."

"How much money did she put on my head?"

"150k!"

"100..and 50k...... where the hell did she get that kind of money?"

"I think she has someone else putting up the money."

"Unbelievable!"

"That's why I want you to stay in the city for a few days. Me and the team can figure this out."

"It's not just me anymore Hank, I have my kids to think about."

"Riley will b....wait did you say kids?"

"Yea, as in more than one. That's why I was coming up here today, to tell you all that Jay and I are expecting a new little one.."

"Oh my....well congratulations to the both of you!"

"Halstead...Halstead..Halstead seems like you can't keep it in your pants."

"Apparently not! Hank I know you said go to the city, but I think we can head up to my family's cabin. It's quiet and isolated, so we won't have to worry about bunny."

"That sounds like a plan, I'll keep you posted on anything we find."

"Thank you!"

"They're my family too! Make sure you keep them safe!"

"I'll protect them, I think I will ask Will to come with us for extra hands."

"Okay, you guys get out here and let us get to work!!"