Chapter 6

I knew today I had to finally face everyone, to say I'm scared would be an understatement. I've been lying to them for months and I know it's gonna be even harder for Erin. They hate her right now, but they don't know everything that happened. I know talking to Hank is gonna be even harder, because he was like a father to her. This mess is going to blow up in both of our faces.

Jay looked over to Hank's office to see Erin on the verge of tears. What ever Hank is telling her, Jay was not liking it. She looked down at Riley and Riley looked back at Jay. Erin had opened the door so she could go by her dad, but Jay noticed the door never closed. Erin could hear ever they were saying. When she finally heard enough, she let her voice be heard.

"I don't care that you all have opinions about me. I had to go, I honestly had no real choice in the matter so, if that makes me a bad person oh well. Yes, Jay was engaged when he first came to New York, but things changed and he asked me to marry him. Jay has always had my heart, so saying yes was never a problem. As far as our daughter, he had no idea, I had no idea when I got to New York either. Once I found out I couldn't come home so I did the best I could do. You all are pissed off, and you have every right to be. I understand that, but just like I told you before I don't care anymore."

"Hailey knew why I called off our engagement, I wanted a life I was proud of and she couldn't offer me that. I missed Erin, and I had to see if there was a possibility, of getting what I really wanted. I was fortunate enough that she was willing to take a risk on me. We talked and we decided what we both wanted. After a few visits both ways, we wanted to pursue an actual relationship. Once I had her back there was no way in hell I was letting her go again. I told Will and he told me to do what makes me happy. I had already been planning how I was gonna propose, so I got the ring and executed my plan. She didn't want to wait to get married, neither did I. A few days later we got married."

"Okay so your married now, what are y'all going to do? You can live apart forever."

"That's what brings me in here today. You're absolutely right we can't live far apart from each especially since we have a child together. So, we only have 2 real options, either I moved to New York or my girls move here."

"So, Erin and Riley are moving here?"

"Umm, after a long conversation I decided it would be better for us to be together in New York. They have an established life there already, and I don't want to uproot them."

"Again, your giving up everything for Erin?"

"Actually, Erin wanted to move back home. She wanted our kids to grow up around family, but after these last few weeks. I don't think I want that anymore!"

"Jay, man what do you mean?"

"I understand why you're all mad at Erin, but I was the one who felt the impact the most. So, when I found her I told her everything. She's beaten herself up enough, I haven forgiven her just like she forgave me. Since everyone seems stuck on trying to hurt her, I can't have my girls around that. Their happiness and mine comes first."

Erin gave Jay a quick side hug before telling the team what really happened.

"The truth is after the case I worked, the ivory tower was gonna strip me, then Bunny got pinched by the feds. She was looking at hard time, so I did what do best. I tried to save her, but this time it costed me everything. The feds offered me a really good deal, the only problem was if I accepted the deal I had to severe all ties with you all. I had no one to turn to about this, I couldn't have talked to Jay because I would've stayed."