The only one for me

An awkward silence rang throughout the room, the air hung heavy with mixed emotions that swirled from deep within a pair of enticing blue eyes. Andrea simply ignored the tense situation she unknowingly created and continued gently lathering the lavender-scented shampoo into the man's unruly hair, her fingers skillfully combing out the tangles effortlessly. An attribute he greatly loved and adored.

"I missed this.....I missed you"

"That is highly unprofessional Mr. Armani, I ask that you refrain from saying such things, the only relationship left between us is strictly business and it'll be wise of you to remember that."

Regret. Pain. Anger. Sadness, Ricardo was no stranger to such emotions, he's even mastered the art of drowning it all out with a drink, a new fuck, anything that could differentiate reality from fantasy. But for the first time since the death of Lily's birth mother, he felt the impact behind each emotion greatly and that alone left him feeling a mess.

Ignoring the visibly upset male sulking in the bathtub, Andrea stepped out of the suffocating room and finally allowed herself to breathe normally, the pain racking her entire being and leaving her feeling helpless and small, two emotions she detested with her entire existence. She had felt that way since being abandoned by her birth family and she refused to ever feel that way ever again, not when she's tried so hard to pick up the pieces of her disastrous life.

She felt her breathing quickening, her vision going blurry with the undeniable warmth of tears welling within in her eyes, and her whole facade beginning to crumble into pieces all over again as she isolated herself within a dark corner of the vast room, the same feeling she felt all the years ago with the Russo family crashing down on her in one giant heap.

"Principessa....help m..e....please"

*Flashback*

Cold. Dark. Scary. These were all that 11-year-old Andrea could conclude about her life. It's been a year since her birth family banished her from the Russo household, and a year of her living off of scraps she found in dumpsters behind restaurants, a year of pickpocketing for change to stay alive when owners of said restaurants would beat her, a year of sleeping in cold and dark alleyways hoping no one would find her, a year of her childhood she can't take back and change.

11-year-old Andrea sprinted down the dark and empty alleyways, fear swirling through her entire being as she willed herself to run faster, the deafening sound of the men footstep's thundering behind her as they inched closer and closer to her with every breath she took.

"Get over here you little brat!"

"How dare you steal from us!?!"

"You need to be taught some manners!"

Thump thump thump thump

11-year-old Andrea felt her attacker jerk her head back by her hair, the man's tight grip on her unruly hair causing said girl to wince back in pain as he dragged her ruthlessly to the waiting men at the end of the street, Andrea helplessly fought against his firm grip with every ounce of might locked away in her small body, her anguished wails echoing throughout the dingy alleyway. But to no surprise, no one came to her rescue.

Someone, please help me.....please

"Amore! Amore!! It's ok I'm here I'm here. Your Principessa is here."

*End of flashback*

Andrea felt warmth wash over her entire being, the comforting feeling bringing her peace of mind, she desperately clawed at the material of his freshly ironed dress shirt, her face instinctively burrowing its way into the crook of his neck as she inhaled his calming scent, the familiar scent of her favorite cologne invading her senses and successfully calming her down.

Ricardo felt his heart skip a beat, the feeling he's been craving for these past few weeks were finally being fulfilled, and he finally got to have her in his arms again. Her quiet sniffles filled the quiet room reminding him of his purpose, which was to comfort her of her troubles and ensure her that as long as he roamed this godforsaken planet, not a soul will ever harm her again.

"I need you to attend this meeting with me Mr. Armani..."

Oh...

"On one condition Miss Valentino"

"What is it?"

"That you address me as Principessa."

"I thought you hated that nickname?"

"I do, however it is the first name you call out to, and I want to be the first person you call for."

For the first time in weeks, Andrea felt a smile blooming from her lips, his favorite feature popping on each side of her cheeks.

"Ok Principessa."