Restart

"Morning," Wilbur said groggily whilst rubbing his eyes which were half open.

"Morning Wilbur, sleep well last night?"

"I've slept better than I have in ages, thanks for staying Y/n/n."

"It's the least I could do after all you're going through. Here, I made you a banana smoothie."

He thanked me before only drinking a quarter of it, and went to sit on the sofa.

I walked over to him. "Uhm, Wil, we need to talk about this whole relationship thing."

"You're right," he said as he moved up so I could sit on the sofa," So.. do you want to.. restart?"

"I guess," I looked at him, "I don't want to ever end this relationship, ever."

"Same, I actually feel a connection between us."

"Me too."

~~~

The next day I was woken up by a short figure with shoulder-length pink hair. It was Niki.

"Niki?"

"Y/n wake up, you can't keep skipping work, it's nearly been 2 weeks since you've gone to work."

"I-u-okay.. I'll get up," I rush out of my bed after checking the time: 6.40. I had 20 minutes to get ready and shove a mustard coloured shirt on with baggy ripped jeans. Not really anything else to wear. I ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth, there's not really time for skincare today. I look at my phone while slipping my trainers on and tying my lace. It says 6:52. I'm gonna have to buy something from work to eat today. I guess I've been so busy with all the moving in and Wilbur, and there's so much going on in my mind. So much things going on that I nearly forgot to feed the cat, but I don't have time for that.

"Niki, can you feed the cat!??!?" I yell from across the apartment. I wait for an answer and a muffled 'yes' comes from her door, before she walked out and reached for the cat food in the kitchen.

"Thanks, I'm gonna leave now, bye Nik!"

"Bye, have a nice day!"

"And you!" I say before shutting the door and pulling out my phone. 7:00. Shit. I would be at work now, so I gotta speed walk. At least it's only a 5-minute walk, a 2-minute one if you run.

~~

I arrive at work, with a red face and I pant like a dog.

"I'm so sorry, I j-"

"You don't need to apologise, Matt told me everything, about Wilbur and the breakup and all, so I know you're going through a lot right now." Avery responded quietly so no one could hear, I didn't tell Matt about that night, but I will, today. I just hug her and whisper in her ear, thank you.

"No problem, just hurry up." She gestures her hand to the room at the back and i shove my bag in my locker, and I check my phone one more time, before putting that in the locker too. I get one call from Wilbur, so I quickly answer.

"Wil! Now's not the time!"

"Wh- Oh I forgot. Sorry love, I'll call you during your break."

"Ok, bye Wil."

As I walk out of the locker room Matt runs up to me hugging me tightly, and I hug him back.

"Where the fuck have you been?!"

"What, did you think I was dead? I've just been really sick lately." I felt so guilty lying to him but I was scared of telling him the truth. What would he think of me then?!
I just walk to my counter space and get to work immediately. My first order is a large Cappuccino, 2 Macchiatos, an iced latte, and 2 mini vanilla cakes, easy. I've been working here a while, so this was no challenge. It only took me about two and a half minutes. I walked over to the table that ordered it, with the 2 macchiatos and 2 caked on a tray, and Cade was behind me with another tray with the other 2 drinks.