Chapter 3

The gossip spread more quickly than a virus. In the blink of an eye, nearly everyone in the school had heard of it. First and Khaotung walked along the corridor, one behind the other, and the students passing by itched to shove video cameras and lenses in their faces. After living separate lives for the entirely of their first year, the two beaus finally crossed paths!

Once escaped from the pairs of staring eyes behind them, First leaned against the door of the storage room and tugged irritably at his own collar.

“Khaotung, what are you playing at now?”

“I was just using a random excuse to reject a girl.”

“Yeah, but don’t drag me into your bullshit!” First’s expression got darker and darker, the sound of him grinding his teeth was loud enough that Khaotung could hear him clearly even while standing a meter away.

Khaotung shot him a glance and folded his arms, speaking indifferently: “You were the one who ran headfirst into my bullshit.”

First and Khaotung were neighbours who had lived opposite each other ever since they were in elementary school, and their parents spoke of each other as if talking about their own child. Khaotung’s father was a policeman and could not stop sighing in despair ever since his son was born. Little Khaotung had been born with red lips and bright skin, his complexion was fair and tender, whenever they brought him out, everyone would praise him. However, this was not what Mork, Khaotung's father, wished for. Why was his son born so fair and rosy? Of course he didn’t expect him to exude manliness immediately upon birth, but shouldn’t he at least resemble a boy?

As for First, he had been well known in the area since he was young; Every evening, there would be the sound of his mother shouting his name outside, calling for him to return home. When First and Khaotung became neighbours, Mork found that he liked First’s eyes very much, glistening, and full of spirit.

Every day, First listened to Manaow, First's mother, praise Khaotung for being outstanding in whatever he did to the point of losing his appetite, while Khaotung listened to his father talk constantly about First until he nearly get deaf. So one day, when the two of them bumped into each other at school, they simply turned the other way and pretended to be strangers.

Khaotung: This cocky prick is just out here playing the role of a hooligan.

First: What’s this apathetic brat pretending to be mature for.

It didn’t matter if they saw each other or not, they never bothered to greet one another; At the least, they shared silent understanding in this regard. First would leave his home twenty minutes early every morning to walk to school, while Khaotung left twenty minutes after to take the public transport there. After all, the further they stayed away from each other, the better.

Even so, they still ended up attending the same junior high school and now, the same high school. They had assumed they wouldn’t have to acknowledge the other until they were laid into their graves, but as it happened, Khaotung just had to point at First who was napping on the bench, out of literally everything else in the small garden.

Standing in front of the storage room and staring each other down was a situation that neither First nor Khaotung had ever anticipated.

First felt his temper starting to boil at the sight of Khaotung’s blank face, it was as if the other had a facial problem. He reached up to press a palm against his temple: “So what the hell are you gonna do.”

“Nothing much, it doesn’t really affect me.” Khaotung lifted his head to grin at him, drawling: “If you find it burdensome to be paired with me, I can try thinking something up.”