Part 10

I stayed awake in my bed. It had been a while since Jungkook left. I couldn't sleep. The thought of leaving this mansion for good had surrounded me. I was in despair.

I didn't know for sure how Jungkook was feeling. But he had said he started to care about me even if it was not supposed to have happened. I didn't know about my own feeling as well. All I knew was that even if it wasn't love, I was madly craving for him. What could it be? Desire, lust or infatuation?

Love was a complete foreign idea to me. All my life, I had only needs and wants. And I did everything to have them. Now I felt I needed Jungkook. I needed him to care for me. I needed him to make me feel at home. I needed him to do whatever it was that he did.

I had made up my mind. I went to his room. He was sitting up with a book in his hand. He looked at me in confusion.

"I thought I made it clear." Jungkook said, "You can leave tomorrow."

"What if I refuse?" I asked. Jungkook's eyes opened wide. He looked as if he never expected that answer.

"You told me earlier that I was free to go. Does that also mean that I'm free to stay as well?" I asked again.

He shook his head, "I don't think you understand, love. It's dangerous. We are two very different things. You can't live with me."

"I know," I said and climbed on to his bed, "Make me just like you."

"Love!" he whispered, looking hurt by my words.

"I understand how you're feeling about it. But let me tell you something honestly about me." I moved closer and took his hands on mine like he had done earlier.

Then, I said all the things I had always wanted to tell a friend, someone who would understand me, someone who would care. Jungkook was the closest I ever had to a friend.

"I don't have anyone or anything to return to." I finished by asking him, "Will you accept me to be a part of your world?"

Jungkook chuckled, "I think I should be the one asking you that." Then, his eyes lit up. It turned bright red as he came closer to whisper in my ear, "So, will you be my bride for an eternity, love?"

 It turned bright red as he came closer to whisper in my ear, "So, will you be my bride for an eternity, love?"