Part 5

After lunch, Jungkook took me to the library. I was going through the books on the shelves while he sat quietly in a corner. There was a book in his hand. But I could sense that he wasn't reading. He was secretly watching my every move.

I thought about my strange dream. It felt more real than any dream I ever had. But the feelings I felt were too strange to explain in reality. No matter how excited I felt the night before, at day time, I felt like there was an air of melancholy all around the house.

It started to rain again. I inquired about my car. Jungkook told me that it might take a day or two to properly fix it. I asked him if he could give me a ride to the town. He said I would rather enjoy my time in the mansion more.

He spoke with a voice of authority which made me shut up. I couldn't bring myself to argue. Even though I was strongly attracted by his appearance, there was a part of me who was frightened.

Time seemed to move at a different speed here. I tried reading something for a while but kept getting distracted by my own thoughts. It was mostly the memories of last night and those strange feelings.

Casting my fear aside, I thought it would be better to talk to my companion. So, I asked, "It rains an awful lot here, doesn't it?"

Jungkook shut down his book and smiled at me, "Yes, love. It does."

There was something in the way he called me 'love'. It made me blush almost every time. I was swept off for a whole minute by his answer.

He then chuckled to himself and said, "They say, the woods belong to the nine tailed fox that resides in here. After all, he controls the weather."

"He?" I asked, "Isn't a Gumiho always a woman?"

"Is it, though?" He asked as if he had met a real Gumiho who was a man.

I shrugged my shoulders and added, "He must've been really sad for him to make it rain most of the time."

"Yes, love." Jungkook whispered under his breath, "He's lonely. Just like I am."