"You're gonna find out the result eventually so why wait?" Chase asks me carefully.

I hand the phone to Chase.

"Answer it for me?"

He looks at the phone hesitantly before just answering.

"Hello?"

He listens to what the doctor is saying.

"This is Chase Matthews...Yeah I did...She wanted me to speak with you because she's a bit nervous...Yeah she's standing right next to me...Speakerphone?" Chase glances at me for a moment before taking the phone away from his ear and pressing a button.

"Am I on speakerphone now Chase?" I hear Dr. Mason ask.

"Yes m'am." He assures her.

"Okay Ivy-Reece, are you ready to hear the results?"

I grab onto Niecy's hand for support and respond to the doctor.

"Yes Dr. Mason, I'm ready."

"Well I'm extremely proud and glad to inform you that you are not pregnant."

I nearly collapse onto the ground. Niecy starts squealing but refrains from jumping up and down because she knows I'm using her to support my weight at the moment. Chase smiles a huge smile at me and the look in his eyes says "I told you so".

"Did you hear me Ivy-Reece?" Dr. Mason calls out to me.

"Yes! Yes m'am! Thank you so much!"

"No problem at all. I’m just doing my job."

I start jumping for joy with Niecy but then I stop and freeze in my spot.

"Wait, can I ask you a question Dr. Mason?"

"Sure."

I take the phone from Chase and take it off speakerphone.

"If I’m not pregnant, why did I just vomit and why have I still not gotten my period this month?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"Well that depends. Are you taking birth control?"

"I just started this month."

"Your body is probably still adjusting to it then. Your hormones are so out of balance that you didn't even go through a menstrual cycle this month. However, I guarantee the vomiting will stop within a week, and you will get your menstrual cycle next month."

"What about my breasts? They were sore."

"Tender breasts are also a symptom of PMS not just pregnancy. You were probably experiencing premenstrual symptoms still even though you didn't menstruate.