~| Day 31: Regret |~

Going out with a bang for the end of this book, so here's an AU everyone's seemed to like :>

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Dreaded (from Indigo, Tears, and Fire)

Context: It's over.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

...I almost can't believe that happened.

They know now. They know what I've been so terrified of all this time, because they had to see in order to help me. I wanted to just keep them in the dark about all of that forever, but... I guess everything has to come to light eventually.

I'm just glad I'm home now, in my room. My journal sits next to me, what used to be the only thing that knew of what happened all those years ago and how I went through what happened here. It's... strange, now. Everyone promised that they wouldn't tell anyone else, but it still didn't comfort me. How else would someone reacts to their friends finding out their past and greatest fears?

I hear a knock on the door and turn my head.

"You can come in." I call out.

Of course, it's Time. He cracks the door open a little while having a calm and sympathetic look on his face. He walks inside and sits down next to me on the bed.

"I just wanted to check in on you. Are you doing alright?" Time asks.

"Could be better..." I mumble.

"Well... that's understandable." Time says. "What just happened to you a few days ago was pretty... brutal. But it's over now, you're alright again, and that's what matters."

We both stay silent for a bit, and I glance at my journal again.

"Time, I..." I say. "I'm sorry."

"What? What are you apologizing for, Sabre?" Time says, surprised.

"If I didn't let that stupid Dread Steve guy get to me so easily, you guys wouldn't have had to go through that whole mess." I say. "You wouldn't have had to see what you did. My problems wouldn't have become yours if I just- I don't know..."

I turn away as I start to feel tears pricking my eyes. I shouldn't be so upset over this, but I don't know what else to feel.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and face Time again.

"Sabre..." Time says. "None of that was your fault. Dream said himself that it's very easy for someone to get corrupted, and you just happened to be his target at the time. All of this was just one mishap that kind of... snowballed. But if anything, we all should've apologized to you."

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Well, having to see what fears were affecting you back there... it made us all reflect on how we'd been treating you for a while." Time explains. "Everything makes so much more sense now. How you reacted to certain things, how you coped with everything that was happening around you, how you've always been so unhesitatingly ready to help us... our only regret is not seeing how what we did to you affected you sooner."

"...Time, I... I don't understand..." I say quietly. "I-It was all my fault-"

"No, no it wasn't." Time says. "It was ours. We let this happen to you."

Time wraps me in a hug, squeezing tight.

"And I promise, we're not going to let anything like that happen to you again."

I don't know how to react. For a while, I just sit there, but...

I can't hold back tears as I return the hug, sobbing. Time still hangs onto me, one hand on my back.

"It's alright..." Time says softly. "You're okay now..."

I don't care how long we've been here, I'm just happy. Still shaken, but finally happy. I... I don't have to worry anymore, do I?

For the first time since what feels like forever... I finally feel safe.

—————————————————————————————————————

Hello everyone, and thank you for reading this book!

I'm glad you guys have liked the small stories I've written here. As a quick reminder, I want to let you guys know that the AUs featured here will be getting chapters in my AU book. Then, they'll be claimable, and I can't wait to see who decides to pick up what!

However, for the Prism Amalgam AU and Horror AU, I'm actually making ask books for those two! They're coming soon after this book, very soon :>

And with that, this marks the end of my second completed book! I hope you guys liked this one, and I hope to see you in my other stories.

Until then, friends!