~| Day 6: Yellow |~

*Serious TW! There is much blood, gore, slight mentions of mutilation, and the character this prompt's perspective is in is very much kidnapped. Read at your own risk if you're sensitive to any of this!*

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Friendly Killer (Remember my Killer Secret AU? Yeah, except this time Sabre is completely normal and Orange/Rainbow is the serial murderer lol)

Context: Yellow, curious of something within the Hub, got much more than he bargained for after discovering something he shouldn't have in Rainbow's secret room.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Yellow Steve's POV]

I jolt awake, tied to a chair in a dimly lit room, my head pounding.

There's a gag over my mouth, keeping me from screaming. My hands, bound together by rope on my wrists, are behind my back and the back of the chair. My legs are tied to the chair as well, whoever hit me is being pretty clever, making sure I can't run...

Wait... whoever got me after I saw what was in that room... who did hit me?

The last thing I remember is walking a few steps into that hidden room behind the statue. There were weapons, and maps of the areas around each kingdom, and... there was blood everywhere... didn't I see a head in the corner on a...? There were entrails lining the edges of the... Oh lord...

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a voice behind me, out of my view.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way, Yellow, but you just got a little too curious for your own good." My captor says behind me.

N-No way... it can't be him... right?

My fears are confirmed when the person behind me steps into view, soon standing right in front of me.

Rainbow looks nothing like his usual, bubbly self. He looks... serious. Almost sinister. Replacing the joyful smile I'm used to seeing is a cold, unrelenting stare. There is no expression at all to it.

Rainbow then walks closer to me, and I realized he's holding a knife. I flinch when he starts to reach towards me.

"Chill out, you didn't really do anything." Rainbow says, grasping the cloth that's gagging me. "I just want to talk."

The knife in his hands cuts through the fabric, and he steps back again, dropping the rag on the ground. I stare up at him, terrified.

Am I gonna die...?

"Look Yellow, I don't want to have to hurt you." Rainbow says, his icy stare still on me. "I just need you to keep quiet about all of this."

"W-What do you mean...?" I ask, a bit confused but mostly scared. I have to get this right, or that might be me next in that room.

"I want you to never tell anyone about what you saw behind the statue." Rainbow explains. "Not one word. It's just my little secret, and I guess now I have to trust you to keep it. I can trust you, right?"

A bit of an off-putting smile crosses his face at that last word. I shakily nod, desperate to just get out of here alive.

"I-I won't tell a-anyone. I p-promise." I stutter.

There's a beat of silence. Then, Rainbow looks to the side.

"Y'know... even if you told anyone, who would believe you?" Rainbow says, and I'm not really sure he's talking to me. Maybe he's just monologuing to himself. "I already received all of the Crystals and became the 'Hero'. Would everyone really just believe that someone that's part of their prophecy, and has protected them from the Darkness for all this time, has been making their little horror stories come to life? Has anyone really looked into any of the disappearances that have been happening even before all of this drama went down?"

Rainbow grips his knife as he talks. He then looks at me, expectantly.

"...W-Why are you d-doing this?" I ask.

"Hm... funny, I never really look back on that." Rainbow says. "But I guess... revenge. I mean, you know what happened to me before Sabre came here and the ball really started rolling with the Darkness and all that?"

I shake my head.

"I was outcasted from the village for something I couldn't control." Rainbow says, suddenly reverting back to the cold stare, but also looking slightly angry. "One little accident, not even on purpose, and they sent me to live alone in the woods when I was just a kid. I didn't even hurt anyone when it happened, but nooo... I was still 'dangerous'. Do you have any idea how many times my life was almost ended because I had barely any clue on how to survive out there? How many times I was left to fend for myself in those storms? They act like they helped me at any time I needed, but that was just the few friends I have there. The rest of them? They basically left me to DIE."

Rainbow slams the knife's blade into the wall during that last sentence, making me jump. When he calmly takes his grip off the handle, the knife is halfway through the stone. How'd he even...?

"But... that's the past. Sabre is helping me now, and everything is better." Rainbow says, giving a soft smile I recognize... but this is far more eerie than the friend's smile I know.

"...Does he know about any of this? Sabre?" I ask, worried that he's part of this scheme as well.

"No, of course not." Rainbow says, slight surprise in his voice. "He'd hate me, even though I'm just trying to protect him from... certain people that try to treat him how other treated me earlier in my life."

Rainbow then looks at his sleeve for a second. I manage to see that there's numerous blood stains all over it from within the almost pitch-black room, save for the dim lantern above us. It sends shivers down my spine. Who... Who'd he kill?

"Well, I'd like to tell some more stories, but I have to get back to what I was doing." Rainbow says, suddenly appearing next to me and grabbing my shoulder.

Rainbow pulls me up, and I don't scream at the burning pain from the ropes out of fear. Soon though, the ropes snap from Rainbow's pull, and I'm on my feet in front of the chair that was seemingly nailed to the ground. Since when is he that strong?

"And I believe you have some things back in the kingdom you need to attend to." Rainbow continues. "So, I'll just send you home now."

A familiar glow forms in Rainbow's hand, as he looks at me with an unsettling smile. He's going to teleport me out of here.

"Just one thing I want you to remember..." Rainbow says. I look up at him.

"If you tell anyone about what happened here today..." Rainbow starts, then his smiling expression suddenly drops to an almost emotionless, petrifying blank stare. His voice grows cold and serious.

"That'll be your head on that chopping block next. Got it?"

I quickly nod. Then, lightning surrounds me as I feel everything shift.

The warm sunlight is a welcome change to that room, but I've got no time to appreciate the scenery. I hurriedly run home, wanting to be out of the open just in case. I feel tears start to run down my face, but quickly wipe them away as I near the kingdom so nobody gets suspicious. I don't want to risk it.

...I can't believe Rainbow Steve turned out to be a complete psycho...