~| Day 10: Blue |~

Some fluff for ya after all of the horror stuff I've been writing recently :3

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Prism Amalgam (Sabre and Rainbow have been fused into one body)

Context: It's a rainy day in the Kingdom, and the duo are inside of their house. Rainbow is worried about the recent happenings, but Sabre is keeping the stress of the situation from getting to him.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

Rain patters the window as we stand in the kitchen, having the usual debate over breakfast.

"Rainbow, I'm not adding the bag of spaghetti into the cereal. That's dumb." I say, starting to put the box away in a cupboard.

"Oh, come on! It might be okay!" Rainbow says as he accidentally makes our arm jolt back. "Whoops-"

A few bits of cereal fall onto our face, but luckily the entire box didn't spill. I laugh and close the cupboard after putting the box inside.

"Sorry..." Rainbow says as I take out a glass from a different cupboard.

"It's alright Rainbow, we're still just getting used to sharing a body." I say, getting the fruit juice from the chest that we've been using as a fridge. I think it's strange that the Steves haven't made actual fridges yet, but a chest filled with ice and has built-in insulation works, I guess.

We pour some of the juice, then put the pitcher back. We pick up the glass and bowl and walk over to the table. I notice Rainbow looking out the window as we eat our cereal.

"What's on your mind?" I ask.

"You think people are gonna be outside as much today?" Rainbow says, still looking outside at the waterlogged streets.

"I don't think so, it's raining pretty hard." I reply. "But hey, that just gives us an excuse to chill inside all day."

"And it'll keep more fights from happening..." Rainbow sighs.

He's been really shaken up by all of the stuff that's been going on recently. The undeserved hate towards the Indigo and Blue Steves that were thrown from their worlds, the drama going on with the Leaders, how people have been saying things about me... it's hard on him.

"Rainbow, buddy..." I say, making our shared body hug itself. "This is all gonna calm down soon enough. Everyone's just a little stressed out with the beginnings of a crop shortage and being cooped up together for so long. Eventually, everything's gonna go back to how it was. We're gonna be able to just be with our friends again. Who knows, maybe even Light will stop being so busy and we can hang out with him sometime."

"The fighting between everyone else isn't what I'm worried about, though." Rainbow says. "I'm more worried about what's been happening to you."

Bright blue tears start to fall from our body's eyes. It's strange, seeing tears so unnaturally colored, but I'm getting used to it.

"What do you mean?" I ask, a bit confused.

"I've seen other Steves fight a lot of times before. I know it just passes eventually." Rainbow says. "I'm more worried about all of the things people have been saying about you. They don't let stuff like that go as easily."

Our body starts to shake as Rainbow starts to freak out.

"People are looking up to me because I was the 'Hero', but they're talking about you as if you're the one that backstabbed everybody just because you're not like us, when really I'm the one that messed up! I'm the one that was just messing around when things were serious! The whole time, I was just going along with whatever plan you had, but people are acting like as if I was the one that being smart! When really, I was just being a stupid idiot!"

At that last word, a spark shoots out from our body's right hand. Before Rainbow can go on, I try to calm him down.

"Hey, hey, Rainbow, shhh... it's alright. That's all over with." I say, making the hug a bit tighter. "None of that is happening anymore. You're safe now. I'm safe now. We're both safe. The Darkness isn't a problem anymore. Void is already dead. Nothing's going to happen to either of us now, there's no danger anywhere near us. We're just going through a few rough patches, like how there's always choppy waters in a sea just after a storm. Soon enough it's going to be smooth sailing again."

The shaking lessens, and Rainbow is starting to calm down.

"B-But they're talking about you... a-and..." Rainbow stutters.

"It's okay, buddy. It's not like they can argue I don't belong here, now could they?" I smile.

Our body stops crying, the shaking stopping along with it.

"Yeah... I guess you're right..." Rainbow says.

Suddenly, Gerald jumps up onto us. He's been living with us since we moved into the Kingdom, obviously wanting to stay with Rainbow.

"Gerald!" I yell, caught by surprise as Gerald rubs his face on ours, wiping away the tears. Rainbow laughs.

"Good morning to you too, buddy!" Rainbow says.

Gerald then sits down on us, and I chuckle at his shenanigans.

"Still a brat huh?" I say.

"Sabre, he is not." Rainbow says in a joking, accusing tone. "He's just smarter than most pigs."

"Still a pig."

"And you're just a chicken."

"SHUT."

Rainbow and I both laugh, Gerald giving us an unamused look.