~| Day 7 - Moon |~

Again with a TW! There is blood, depiction of murder, and a corpse, so again, read at your own risk!

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Killer Secret (haha I have true crime on the brain lol)

Context: Sabre has to get rid of a body :3

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

Moonlight spilled over the lake, the water quietly lapping against the edge surrounded by trees, looking like something torn from a storybook. But I don't have time to admire the nighttime scenery. I have a job to do.

I hastily drag the now blood-soaked brown bag behind me, it leaving a trail in the mud as I get to the lake's edge. I'll have to cover that up later, along with my footprints.

I set my axe, which I had placed over my shoulder, on the ground and lean it against a nearby tree. The blood on the axe head is still fresh, dripping from the sharp blade and onto the grass around the tree. Then, I pick up the bag I had been dragging behind me, looking for a good spot to throw it into the water where it wouldn't be seen easily.

Some random guy walked into our campsite while I was walking around, after Rainbow had already gone to bed. I don't know how or why he didn't wake up from the lightning because of the guy's teleport, but I was lucky he didn't. The guy had a sword, and tried to attack me the second he realized I was there.

At least I had a reason this time. I guess he didn't see it before because of how dark it was, but he definitely saw my axe once it was going through his chest. It wasn't long before he fell to the ground, clutching the wound and having trouble breathing. I must've made some ribs break and pierce his lungs.

While he was on the ground, I quickly made sure he wouldn't be heard. Kind of hard to scream in pain if your head's cut off.

I finally find a deep enough, plant-covered spot in the lake. I aim right for it, chucking the bag from over my shoulder into that part of the lake. It sinks after a few seconds of slightly bobbing on the surface, bubbles cascading upward as the water and lake fauna cover the stained bag.

Good. That's the hardest part done. Actually, I have nothing left to do about this situation. I cleaned up the site after I put the body inside the bag. And I don't have to worry about someone coming over here to the lake, especially Rainbow. He always prefers to fish in the sea because that's where pufferfish are. Speaking of fish, the ones in the lake will probably help with the body in that bag.

I grab my axe again, and I turn to walk back to our campsite, when I realize I forgot something. I caught a glimpse of my hands, and they're still covered in blood. And obviously, so is my axe. Rainbow's gonna ask questions if he sees this.

I sigh and turn back towards the lake. I've just started scrubbing my hands clean in the clear water when I hear someone walking behind me.

"Who's there?" I call out, readying to pick up my axe.

"Sabre, it's just me." Rainbow says as he comes out from behind one of the trees that grew in the middle of the path. Crap. "What are you doing out here? It late, something could happen to you..."

Rainbow then noticed my crimson-dyed axe and hands.

"Uhm, what happened...?" Rainbow asks.

I quickly think of something.

"There was a wolf or something, came by the campsite and tried to attack me. I think it had rabies or something." I say, continuing to scrub off my hands, then move onto my axe. "Don't worry, I got it."

"Oh, alright." Rainbow says, taking a breath. "I got worried for a second, heh."

I smile as I get the last of the blood off the axe head, and get up. I tower over Rainbow.

"Well, let's go back to the campsite before something else tries to get us." Rainbow smiles.

"Hey, if something does, I'll take care of it." I chuckle.

"I know you will."

Rainbow and I walk side-by-side, back to the campsite. We both say goodnight to each other again and climb into our respective tents. The feeling of anxiety I've had since Rainbow found me by the lake finally wears off.

That was a little too close.