~| Day 26: Potion |~

TW: Kidnapping, Blood

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Friendly Killer (from 'Yellow')

Context: Just as Rainbow's secret is found out, he decides to hide and take someone with him :)

—————————————————————————————————————

[Rainbow Steve's POV]

I'm running out of time. I need to get Sabre and get out of here. Fast.

I ignore Gerald running after me as I head to the house and almost hit the door off its hinges. I see him hide in some bushes as I go into the house, probably for the better. Sabre looks up at me from the couch as I enter, getting up.

"Rainbow? What's wrong?" He asks. "What's going on?"

"No time to explain. Come with me." I say, grabbing Sabre's arm and running out of the house.

"Woah, dude, hey! What are you doing?!" Sabre explains as we run through the Hub.

"We need to hide." I reply quickly.

Sabre suddenly plants his feet into the stone and stops me, trying to make me let go of his arm. I turn to face him.

"Hide?! Hide why?!" Sabre exclaims. "This is all kind of out of the blue man, could you just explain what's going on?"

"I said there's no time, just- Come on!" I say, trying to pull him forward. We need to get to the portal I made a while ago, then we're off of everyone's radar. It's one-way, so no going back once we're through.

Sabre keeps pulling back, but he's starting to be dragged by me pulling him. He can't my my grip off of his arm.

"Rainbow, I'm not going until you tell me what's happening!" Sabre says. "Last time we just jumped somewhere with no explanation, it didn't end well!"

They're almost here. We need to go, now.

"Sabre, we're leaving. Come on." I say, dropping the act and giving a cold stare. I grip his arm tighter.

"R-Rainbow...?" Sabre stutters.

Suddenly, lightning strikes the yellow portal. I see Light and a few Yellow Steve guards from the kingdom enter the Hub just as I teleport away with Sabre.

We end up in front of the one-way portal I made. Sabre doesn't have time to ask questions before I shove him through and quickly follow.

—————————————————————————————————————

We're now inside a hideout I made.

Sabre stumbles for a second before regaining his balance. The portal breaks behind us, leaving an empty frame in the dimly lit base. I look at Sabre as he backs into a nearby wall.

"Rainbow, what's going on?" Sabre asks quickly. "What is this place...?! Why was Light after you?!"

"I did some things they didn't approve of." I say. "Now are you going to cooperate with me here or not?"

"What do you mean?!" Sabre says, looking around frantically. "Rainbow, what did you-"

He notices the one room I didn't want him to notice behind me. A little blood spills through the open door, which lets him peer inside as to what's in there. Definitely nothing he wanted to see. I knew I should've gotten rid of that body yesterday...

Sabre stares in horror as I look back at him silently.

"R-Rainbow... What..." Sabre mutters. "What did you do...?"

"I'm guessing you won't, then." I say, stepping forward.

Sabre quickly runs into the next room, through the hallway that leads to this one. I follow after him, taking out what I need in case this happened.

He's in the main room now. I walk through as I look around, readying myself to throw.

"Sabre, you can't hide in here. I built this place." I say.

I spot his hand from behind a pillar and don't even hesitate to throw the potion. Sabre collapses to the ground in an instant, looking up at me in fear.

He doesn't have time to speak before I throw the second potion, which makes him lose consciousness, and he lays still.

Weakness potions. They've been useful for things like this all this time. Throw one strong enough and throw enough of them, they make someone pass out.

I step over the broken glass as I walk over to Sabre, knowing where I have to keep him now. It sucks that it lead to this, I was really hoping he would just work with me after how long we've been friends, but I guess it wasn't enough. Oh well.

He's the only person I'd rather keep alive, because he's the only other person that gets what I've been put through. He's been through similar things, from what he told me. So of course, I want Sabre to stay my friend.

At least the cell won't be too unbearable.