Chapter 38 - Katherine

Začít od začátku

"You don't have to Cameron," I said and he just shook his head.

"No, I'm the one who is suppose to be spending money on you, not the other way around,"he said putting his finger up to my lips. "How did I end up so drunk again. I felt sober a few minutes ago," he said and I just shrugged.

"Come on, lets get you home," I said starting the engine.

"No, I don't want to go home. I want to stay with you," he said.

"Fine, you'll just sleep at my house for the night I smiled and he nodded finishing up with shake. I started driving home, while Cameron sang to what as on the radio. It was funny and cute at first, but now it's just giving me a headache. I pulled up to my house and parked in the drive way, noticing Michaels car was here. I went to the passengers side and opened his door.

"It's fine, I'm feeling a little more sober. I can walk," he said slowly hopping out if the car and walked up the drive way. We walked up the steps and I could hear yelling and things breaking. "What's going on in there?" He asked and I shrugged quickly unlocking the door.

"Diana, you can't hide from me!" I heard Michael yell as I slowly open the door.

"Katherine. Cameron," I heard someone whisper and it was my mom.

"What's going on?" I asked worried.

"Hey!" I heard Michael yell and I turned around to see him pulling Cameron, by the collar inside.

"Cameron!" I yelled rushing after him, mom following closely behind.

Cameron P.O.V
"Get your fucking hands on me," I yell as he pulls me inside. He threw me on the ground.

"You know what you did? You took my daughter's virginity away from her. I told you to stay away from her but you didn't. Your going to pay!" He shouted hovering over me, punching my repeatedly.

"Michael get off of him," I heard Katherine shout, trying to pull him off of me. But he pushed her back to where she fell, hitting her back against the wall. That made me mad, Katherine's his daughter and he hurt her.

"Baby, you ok?" I heard her mom ask.

I pushed him off of me, he fell backwards hitting his back on ground. I hovered over him punching him repeatedly, ten times harder than he did. He tried to fight back but there was no use. I stopped for a second, wincing while shaking my hand before punching him over and over again. His eyebrow and nose started bleeding, getting blood on my knuckles but I didn't care. He needs to pay.

"Cameron stop it, he's passed out," her mom said but I didn't listen. I punched him harder and harder each time.

"Cameron, stop it!" Katherine shouted. I was about to throw another punch until I stopped myself. I looked over at her and her mom. She looked horrified. I looked back down at Michael. He had blood all over his face and dripping down his neck, wetting the collar of his shirt. His mouth was partly open and his eyes closed. He wasn't breathing. I quickly searched for a pulse on both sides of his neck.

"No, no, no," I repeated. I reached down for his wrist searching for a pulse on both sides again. Nothing. "No, no, no," I kept repeated. I struggled to get up, wobbling backwards as I hit my back against the wall. My eyes still glued on Michael laying there.

"Oh god," Diana gasped, her hand over her mouth.

"Cameron," Katherine said, trying to get my attention. But I just kept repeating the same thing over again. "Cameron everything is going to be fine. Let's get you cleaned up before the police come," she said dragging me upstairs. She started the water in the sink, and walked out of the room soon coming back with one of my shirts.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. She told me to take off my shirt and I did so and changed into the one she handed me. She began cleaning my knuckles. The first punch I threw at him sobered me up quick. I knew exactly what was happening. "Kat stop," I said.

"No, I'm not losing you. I can't lose you. They aren't going to find out it was you," she said breathing hard. All I managed to tell her was to stop repetitively. I heard police sirens, both are heads snapped over to the door. She quickly cleaned up my knuckles, putting the blood covered cloth and shirt in a garbage bag and shoving it in the air vent.

"Kat, stop. They have to know I did it. They aren't going to stop until they know," I said. I was trying to stay calm for her sake. But I was freaking out inside. Like, I could have a panic attack any second now.

"No, they won't. I won't let them. You can't leave me," she began to cry and I pulled her into my chest.

"Guys, come down stairs," Diana called out. We looked at each other before going.

"I'm guessing the neighbors called in the police station complaining about the noise" I said quietly to Katherine.

The police began to ask us questions and I tried my best, for Katherine's sake to seem innocent, but I stuttered every time the guy talked.

"It seemed that someone punched him in the front side of his jaw, which snapped his neck leading to his death. I'm very sorry. Do you remember what the guy looked like, before he ran off?" He asked Diana. I'm guessing she made up a story for the police. She shook her head and he wrote down some more notes. I looked down at the tracing of where Michael laid, my eyes traveled to his body bag and I could feel a trail of goosebumps.

"I think I'm going to head home," I told Katherine and she turned her attention towards me.

"Sure, I'll drive you," she said and I nodded. She told her mom and we headed to the car. The whole ride was awkward, she would try and make conversation but I blocked her out still thinking about what I had done. Today was the day I graduated with my friends, the people I cared about. Not once in my life did I think I would kill someone. We reached my house and I got out of the car before Katherine could say anything. I locked the door and went straight to my room. I got under to covers and started crying.