Chapter 24

Yawning I roll over moving closer to Thranduil's warmth strong arms wrapping around my waist. Warm sunlight is filtering through the curtains onto the bed and I hum contently "Good morning love." his voice is gruff with sleep as I move closer smiling tiredly "Good morning."  I look up meeting his eyes with mine his lips brush over my forehead "This is a sight I could happily wake up to every day." I grin moving so I can kiss him gently "I don't want to get up." 

"You sure about going home today?" I chuckle stretching "I'm sure." he grins "Would you like me to accompany you?" I laugh kissing his cheek "You have a kingdom to run." he shrugs still managing to look elegant this early in the morning "I am sure it will survive for a couple of days without me." he lifts my hand to his lips running a finger over the ring "Besides I want to know my fiance returns home safely." 

I feel a smile spreading wide across my face "I like the sound of that." he grins mischievously "I'm looking forward to calling you my wife even more." I laugh kissing him again "I would love for you to come with me. But I want you to know my sister will not react well." he grins leaning back in the pillows one arm behind his head and the other brushing hair out my face "With you by my side my love I feel I could face anything." 

I sit up bringing the blanket with me revealing Thranduils chiseled chest "You'd best get dressed then. You'll give my sister not to mention some of the guards a heart attack arriving shirtless."  grinning he stands towering over me on the bed smirking "Would you complain?" I tilt my head up grinning "Not at all. But I don't wish to share you." he winks pressing his lips to mine "It's fine love I don't want to share you either. I'll have the servants prepare the horses."

Standing I shiver slightly jumping when A silk jacket is draped around my shoulders "Can't have the servants staring can we?" I laugh turning to kiss him again "Thank you. I'd best go finish packing." 

I walk back to my room avoiding the stares from the guards before washing and changing.

Walking outside I find my horse and three others saddled and ready. Thranduil and two guards. I stroke Elira's mane gently "Ready to go home?" she snorts making me laugh handing her some apple slices I took from my breakfast tray spinning the ring on my finger smiling faintly "It looks perfect on you." I turn beaming "Its beautiful." he leans down brushing his lips over mine ignoring all the guards that are staring "It may be but nothing will ever come close to your beauty." I pull away fighting a rising blush while he continues smirking helping me up onto Elira kissing my knuckles before mounting his own horse his knee brushing against mine "Lead the way love."