Chapter 22

Once I have bathed I do my hair and place a tiara on top. My entire outfit gifted by Thranduil.

 My entire outfit gifted by Thranduil

Walking over to the mirror I swish my skirts around smiling the dress is beautiful

Walking over to the mirror I swish my skirts around smiling the dress is beautiful. A guard arrives at the door bowing deeply "Your highness, I have been sent to escort you to the kings chambers." I follow him through the winding corridors to a large set of double doors with guards posted outside. They push open the doors allowing me to walk inside where I find Thranduil standing in a round room which splits of to three other adjoining rooms a table laid in the centre for two "You look stunning." I look down at my dress "I should be saying thank you, it was a gift afterall." 

He shrugs slightly "I remember your letters. You mentioned you liked dresses that were simple but beautiful. You also mentioned you liked green and blue." I must look suprised as he chuckles "Please sit?" slowly I walk over sitting down "Thank you." He sits opposite leaning back in his chair "I would like to get to know the real you. There is only so much I can learn through paper although I do feel I know a lot already." 

I laugh reaching for a glass of water "Well I think you already know everything. My favourite colour is f/c although you are right about the dress colours. I love being outdoors, reading, drawing. I am Captain of Alqualonde and sister to the queen. I love animals and have a Tuyet falcon as a companion, my favourite place is still the waterfall I showed you and I still have trouble with my shoulder from the war. Your turn." 

Smiling he sips his drink "I also enjoy being outdoors. My favourite colour is blue, I read but not as much as I would like. My favourite place is where I showed you in the tree canopy. Being King is not what I thought it would be but I like my position. I have no idea what else to say." I laugh "I think you've said plenty." the doors open and two servants walk in with platters of food which are placed on the table "Thank you." 

Thranduil tilts his head slightly "What is your favourite season?" I ponder the question putting food on my plate "Probably f/s. Why?" he shrugs elegantly "I just wish to know you. You are the most beautiful person I've ever met. I've always wished to get closer to you, my father forced me to meet many eligible brides over the years but I have never wished to get to know any of them the way I wish to know you." 

Eating slowly I look down to hide the rising blush "My sister was always the romantic one flirting and trying to gain the attention of others. I never really bothered but with you its different I enjoy spending time with you, I want to spend time with you. Your letters never failed to make me feel safe, happy. I am not quite sure I was always excited when they arrived and found your words comforting."

"Would you consider staying?" I look up locking eyes with him "Staying?" he smiles looking hopeful "Here with me?" I stare into his eyes such a lovely shade of blue, when I am with him, I feel safe, I feel home. Our letters bought us closer together although we were miles apart. "You do not have to decide now. Perhaps just a few more days. I would never force you to do anything you did not wish."

I smile softening my gaze "Alqualonde will always be my home, but I always felt something was missing I think it was you. You make me feel safe and happy. I do not have to hide." His smile widens "Is that a yes?" I return his smile "I think Koa will make an excellent Captain."

"You'll stay?" I nod warmth flooding through me "Yes, I'll stay though I would like to return to Alqualonde for a short while." He chuckles standing "My dear you may do what ever you wish." I stand stepping closer "Then King Thranduil I accept your invitation to stay." He leans down forehead resting against mine "You are certain?" I laugh taking his hands in mine "Yes, I am certain. I choose you Thranduil."

He grins stepping away "Then we shall have to do this properly. Y/N L/N Captain of the royal guard and Princes of Alqualonde do you accept my offer of courtship?" I curtsey biting back my laugh "I do King Thranduil." I catch his eye and we both start laughing feeling at ease. He kisses my knuckles "I believe I owe you a gift." I giggle shaking my head "I assure you that is not necessary." He grins "Oh but it is. I should escort you back to your quarters before the guards start gossiping."

I loop my arm through his the two of us gliding down the corridor stopping outside my door where I turn pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek "Thank you for a lovely evening." His cheek heats slightly as I push open my door smiling over my shoulder "Good night your majesty." Shutting the door gently a large grin spreads across my face as I lean against it kicking of my shoes feeling lighter than air.

Undoing my dress, I fold it over the back of a chair pulling on a shirt to sleep in before falling into bed hugging a pillow close. Is it possible to love someone you know through ink and paper? Yes. Yes, it is.