Chapter 21

After two days I am able to stand and walk about. "You look much better." I turn away from the window curtseying "Yes thank you. And thank you for the dress its beautiful."

"It is no problem

"It is no problem. It suits you." He joins me by the window looking out over the forest "Will you be returning home soon?" I shrug slightly "I suppose so. But the healer adviceded I wait a few more days." 

"Would you like to take a turn around the gardens?" 
"I would love too." Thranduil leads the way out into the gardens which have grown considerably since I last saw them but still beautiful. All the flowers are in full bloom in the afternoon sun, the air warm and sweet. "How fares your sister?" I grin folding my arms behind my back "She is happy in her position as Queen. However struggling to find a husband, she is difficult to get along with. I love my sister but well you probably remember her." 

He chuckles nodding "Yes I remember." He opens the gate into the royal gardens settling on one of the benches "What about you?" I sit next to him my dress fanning around my legs "Me?" 

"Are you married?" I laugh shaking my head "No I am not." For a moment I am transported back to the camp outside Gondor. "That is a surprise, although I am happy to hear that you are still available."

"Oh?" he reaches out taking my hand gently "I meant what I said at Gondor and time has not changed that." I turn finding him closer than before hope shining in his eyes "I am sorry for being so forward." I feel my ears and cheeks heating as I search for the right words "Thranduil I'm not very good at this sort of thing, haven't had any practice I suppose. I also meant what I said you are constantly on my mind, even on the battelfield I was worrying about you. I believe you asked to spend time together?"

He smirks slightly "I did." I slide closer squeezing his hand "Then I suppose that is what we will have to do. I don't see why I can't stay a while longer." his smile widens as he leans closer his forehead resting against mine "Would you like to join me for dinner tonight?" I nod cheeks heating again "That sounds lovely."

He pulls away first pulling me to my feet "My chambers seven oclock. I will have a guard come and collect you." We walk back side by side in a sort of daze, Thranduil leaves me by my room bowing his head and kissing the back of my hand "Until tonight princess."

He leaves while I push open my door. Dinner, tonight. I start pacing trying to calm my racing heart. Jumping backwards when Kaito appears on the window ledge "Hello old friend." I stroke his head gently staring out the window "I have to go get ready for tonight. Can you take a note to Koa?" he caws twice waiting on the balcony while I write a quick letter to Koa explaining my descion to stay longer although leaving out the details as to why.