10

Dearest Michelle,

I know you hate me. I know you are cursing my name now all over your head but please, just within this letter, please hear me out. I promise everything that I tell you here is the truth.

Unang una sa lahat, mahal kita. Yan ang isa sa mga katotohanang hinding hindi ko babaliin. Mahal kita the very first moment I saw you, until now. Even though you see me as an asshole who broke your heart, I love you Michelle. I really do. No one can replace you in my heart, forever.

Second, Luna... believe it or not. She... she wanted me to do this to you. She wanted me to break your heart. Hindi ko alam bakit sa lahat ng tao ako yung kailangang mainvolve sa kanya but... I ended up getting involved with her... she... wanted to kill you and your family. If I don't break up with you... she can kill you.

I know I sound stupid because I could've just told you, but I can't risk losing you forever. I can take your hate and your curse... I can die for you... but I can't imagine a future without you... even physically around.

She wanted me to marry her but I won't... I can never face the altar with a girl I never love kasi ikaw lang yung babaeng gugustuhin ko makasama sa altar.

I don't even know if you'll give me the chance na basahin man lang tong sulat na to. I know you won't but I'm taking my chances in life here. Hindi ko nga alam kung makikita pa kita ulit ehh.

I just want to let you know that whatever achievements or goals you have... I'll always be quietly supporting you. I may not be around by this time but if God permits that I live... ikaw pa rin Michelle. Ikaw pa rin.

Please know that I fought for you. I fought for us. I'm telling you this not because gusto kong maawa ka. I'm telling you this because I know by this time if ever you read this letter, malayo na narating mo sa buhay. At... ligtas ka na. Yun lang naman yung gusto ko ehh, maging masaya ka at... maachieve mo lahat ng goals na sinabi mo saken nung college tayo.

I am a jerk who can never forgive myself for hurting you... but I'm happy that this path I chose to take... included you, even for just a period of my life.

I love you, always. Michelle.

Hendrix 

"H-hendrix..." sambit ko covering my mouth as tears start to fall from my eyes... he... all this time he was just... he was just protecting me.

My knees felt weak na napaupo ako sa sahig ng dorm, staring at every word he told me in that letter...

I hated him... I hated him but he was secretly battling for our lives on his own.

Hendrix, bakit? Bakit mo dinala to lahat ng mag-isa??