Chapter 31

They were rather quick at getting Teresa. Teresa, who had made it a rather easy job as she'd followed Thomas who'd appeared in the city, having a conversation with him where she told him that she didn't regret what she did and that she'd do it again - that she'd torture Minho, all of them, again if it meant finding a cure.

That sealed the deal as Gally had put a hood over her head and they'd smuggled her out of the city which was how she ended up sitting in a chair across from them as Newt yanked off her hood.

"Gally?" she asked in disbelief as she saw him leaning on a table, Tanya next to him as she leaned on his arm. Frypan stood behind their table with an unimpressed look on his face as Thomas sat, Newt joining him as he spared a glance at Jorge and Brenda who were playing cards on the table next to them.

"Here's how this is going to go," Gally began, ignoring her shock as he threw down the papers he was looking at. "We're gonna ask you some questions and you're gonna tell us exactly what we want to know. We'll start off simple," he said as he stood, grabbing an extra chair as he approached Teresa. "Where's Minho?"

Teresa's eyes rested on Thomas as she said, "You guys don't seriously think-"

She was cut off but the long echo of Gally slamming down his chair in front of her as he braced his arms on the backrest and sat down.

"Don't look at him. Why you looking at him? Look at me. He's not going to help you," Gally told her, and Tanya had to admit how fucking attractive it was to see Gally as an interrogator, especially to the bitch that screwed them over. "Now we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" he asked as Tanya picked up a scalpel from the tray of med supplies that was on the table she was leaning on and began to twirl it through her fingers.

Teresa's eyes were on the floor now.

"He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three," she answered.

"How many others?" Newt questioned.

"Twenty-eight," she answered as Tanya met Brenda's eyes, both girls exchanging a nod as Gally turned his head to hear the verdict.

"We can make that work," Brenda informed them.

"No. No, you guys don't understand," Teresa insisted. "The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us," Thomas revealed and Tanya scoffed as she played with the knife, thinking about how they didn't really need her, just her thumb. It would be a lot easier than getting her to cooperate. Not to mention more fun.

"Well, I don't know," Gally said, as if reading her mind and her eyes lit up with mischief as he continued speaking. "We don't necessarily need her. Right?" he asked as he stood, moving his chair out of the way as he approached Tanya who was already holding out the scalpel for him, their eyes never leaving each other until he turned around. "Not all of her. We just need her finger."

"Gally, back off," Thomas warned.

"Why? You squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho," Gally retorted as he pointed the blade at her.

"That's not the fucking plan. Back off," Thomas said, rather calmly as he stood and pulled the blade from his hand.

"It won't make a difference," Teresa piped up, drawing the attention back to her. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick up -"

"We know. We're tagged," Thomas interrupted as he closed the distance between them and crouched down to her level. "Property of WICKED. You're gonna help us with that too," Thomas revealed as he held up the scalpel before moving back over to the table and slipping off his jacket, everyone getting ready for the impromptu surgery they were about to have.

"Oh, and Teresa, one more thing," Gally added casually as he walked back over to her.

And Gally drew a gun from his waistband and he pushed it under her chin, pulling her hair back with his other hand and forcing her to meet his green eyes that were filled with anger as she gasped.

"Gally, what the fuck are you doing?!" Thomas shouted as Newt held him back.

"Calm down, mate," he said, having a pretty good guess why this was happening.

"Let me be very clear about something," Gally said lowly as he enjoyed the fear shining in Teresa's blue eyes. "If you do anything, and I mean anything, other than get that tag out of Tanya, if you hurt her, we'll be back here, and I will pull this trigger. And I won't lose a fucking second of sleep over you."

Tanya loved him even more for that.

"Gally," she called as she slid a hand up his back and over his shoulder. "It's ok. I'll be ok. Because Teresa knows that if she tries anything, then Tommy really won't forgive her," she pointed out, Teresa's eyes darting to Thomas who refused to look at her as Gally stepped back, letting the gun fall to his side. "So, Teresa, do your worst."