Chapter 15

Janson had lied and told the boys that Tanya was staying with the doctors because of her ribs, not that they knew any better. So, they mingled with the others in the facility, and they'd learned that they weren't the only Maze. There were others, maybe even as many as a dozen others with how many kids were there and how many had left to this mysterious Safe Haven that Janson promised.

Thomas had been more than suspicious about it all, especially when they wouldn't let him see Teresa or Tanya for that matter.

So, he'd made a friend.

A friend who'd been there for a week and knew how to sneak around without being seen. And over the first night, they'd concocted a plan.

Thomas' friend, Aris, had seen the doctors take the bodies into a room that was cut off from the rest of the building and required key card access, bodies that never came back out. They didn't think that anyone really left this facility.

So, they stole a key card and broke into the room.

Dozens upon dozens of kids were strung from the ceiling as they were sedated, pipes and tubes protruding from their bodies as a blue liquid was drained from them.

Not just that, but Thomas had seen a call Janson had with a very alive Dr Ava Paige.

They'd never escaped WICKED.

They were still inside WICKED.

Following Thomas and Aris to escape, the boys were so lucky to run into Dr Crawford as the alarms began to ring because there was no way in hell they were leaving the girls behind.

"Teresa!" Thomas exclaimed as he shoved the gun that shot projectiles that electrocuted you into Minho's arms before pulling back the curtain to see a brunette lying on the bed. "Newt, it's Tanya!" he called, the blonde boy running over to her while Thomas dashed to the next curtain to see Teresa lying on the bed behind it.

"Tan! Tanya? Can you hear me?!" Newt called as he pulled the IV drip out of her arm and the oxygen tube from her nose, but she remained unconscious, a white tank top and matching pants the only things adorning her body. "How do I wake her up?!" Newt spat to one of the doctors who remained silent as Minho aimed the gun at them.

"Answer him!" Minho snarled as he pressed the barrel under the chin of Dr Crawford who Frypan had tied up before going to watch the door.

"She was on an IV drip to be prepped for Harvest," Crawford gasped. "She'll wake up but not for the next 15 to 30 minutes."

"We don't have that kind of time!" Minho said.

"We're not leaving her behind! What can wake her up faster?!" Newt rambled as Thomas began digging through draws, Teresa already up and standing as he did so.

"Got it!" he exclaimed as he finally found the labelled syringe he was looking for.

"Thomas, wait!" Newt cried out but it was too late as Thomas jammed the needle into Tanya's chest and pushed the plunger down, forcing the adrenaline into her body.

Tanya let out a loud gasp as she inhaled, her eyes bulging widely as she sat up bolt right, almost hitting Thomas's head with hers.

"Tan! You alright?" Newt asked, a hand on her back as she yanked the needle from her chest, throwing it onto the floor in disgust before she registered who was next to her.

"Newt!" she exhaled, completely relieved as she hugged her friend before she saw the hostages that Minho was holding a gun at over Newt's shoulder. "What's going on?"

"Guys, they're coming! Where do we go?!" Frypan shouted as Newt turned around and eyed the steel table near the door.

"Frypan, move!" he ordered as he pushed the table on its side before he and Frypan shoved it in front of the door, preventing it from opening.