Chapter 27

(A/N: This is probably one of my favourite chapters. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Thomas was leading the way as he, Jorge, Brenda, Fry, Tanya and Newt walked through the crowds of people that inhabited the streets outside the walls.

"This place has really gone through fucking hell," Jorge remarked.

"We just gotta stick together," Thomas replied before they heard an amplified voice over a loudspeaker.

"We are the voice of the voiceless! They hid behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch the rest of us wither and rot!" the voice called as an armoured truck came rolling through the streets, masked and armed guards sitting on top of it.

But one of them seemed rather fixated on their little group as he craned his head to look at them, their group that had no idea that the backs of Tanya and Thomas' necks were glowing as drones hovered overhead, letting WICKED know they were there.

They'd followed Thomas to the front of the crowd that were screaming to be let into the city.

"That's it! That's our way in."

"Thomas! This is not what you're looking for. All these fucking people trying to find their way in, and you think you're going to find something they can't?!" Jorge screamed over the crowd.

"We came this far. I'm not turning back now!"

"Tommy, I agree with you, but I don't think the front door is our way in," Tanya shouted as they reached the front of the crowd that was standing behind old stone and metal barricades, all of them unaware of the guard from before watching them as he stood in the crowd.

"Thomas, she's right. This doesn't feel right," Jorge agreed as the rest of them caught up.

"Hey, look, we gotta go now!" Newt warned as he pointed out the many masked guards that were closing in on them.

Jorge drew his gun but before Tanya could draw hers, the crowd fell silent as something on the walls moved and what she assumed to be rather large missile launchers powered up.

And the crowd began screaming in fear as they ran and the ground shook as the first missile hit.

"MOVE! STAY CLOSE!" Thomas yelled as he grabbed Tanya's hand they began running, heading through a small alleyway as the main street became covered in dust and smoke.

"Come on! Come on!" Frypan yelled as they exited the alley and ran into a larger concrete structure where people were waiting for them.

A man went straight for Thomas as he was shoved into the back of a van while another one charged at Tanya.

If there was something Tanya liked about Vince other than his scheming abilities, it was his hand-to-hand combat skills. So, she was never underprepared when someone came charging at her as she'd been sparring with him for the last year.

She dodged his arms and his attempt to grab her before spinning her leg around and knocking the gas mask around his face off before her fists hit the sides of his ribs where his vest didn't protect him and he groaned before taking another swing at her, the girl only grabbing his arm as she twisted it hard and dislocated it.

The man screamed in pain before the same guy that grabbed Thomas grabbed her from behind, his arms tight around her waist as he locked her arms before he lifted her off the ground and tossed her in the van before climbing in after.